My Changes

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

My Changes

Post by Quail »

At this point giving Kang more at bats simply involves sitting Jaso which is not exactly a problem. I think it's worth trying for the potential good it will do Kang and the team's offense.
MaineBucs

My Changes

Post by MaineBucs »

Dog

All of your suggestions sound like reasonable and appropriate moves to me.

Also, Frazier has provided a bit of a spark, and has earned more playing time.

Bell generated so much electricity when he was up around the All-Star break that it is a wonder PNC was not burned to the ground.

The moves you have suggested along with giving Frazier (and Fryer) more playing time likely won't turn the season around, but perhaps it could pump some new energy into the team and help them get past the last 2 weeks of mediocrity and loss of several teammates.
CarolinaBucco

My Changes

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This team absolutely, definitely needs a jolt of energy right now. It needs something to spark it.

I would bring Bell up and start him for that reason alone ... even if he is not ready defensively.

Things I would do to shake this bunch up:

1. Promote Bell and start him at 1B

2. Play Kang basically every day

3. Move Marte to CF (I know it will never happen)

4. Bat Cutch 6th

5. Move Brault and Kuhl into the rotation

6. Release Locke

7. Start Joyce somewhere at least twice a week and if Cutch keeps slumping make it 3-4 times a week. Joyce has earned playing time.

PMike

My Changes

Post by PMike »

For the umpteenth time, Kang cannot play everyday. This has nothing to do with his stats. NH said, before the season, that Kang injury was so severe, that it would keep him from being an every day starter this year. They were hoping for 2/3 games per series. Can we put this one to bed?

I certainly agree with moving McCutchen down in the lineup. Once he is back from this series on the bench, he needs to start every day. He can't lose at bats to Joyce. Joyce will be gone next year and McCutchen the future. They need to figure out what's going on with him.

If you bring up Bell, Brault and Kuhl, what are the corresponding moves? Those sound like nice ideas, but they are a lot more complicated when you start talking about DFA'ing guys and cutting people from the clubhouse.
SteadyFreddy

My Changes

Post by SteadyFreddy »

031E3A3836530 wrote: For the umpteenth time, Kang cannot play everyday.  This has nothing to do with his stats.  NH said, before the season, that Kang injury was so severe, that it would keep him from being an every day starter this year.  They were hoping for 2/3 games per series.  Can we put this one to bed?

I certainly agree with moving McCutchen down in the lineup.  Once he is back from this series on the bench, he needs to start every day.  He can't lose at bats to Joyce.  Joyce will be gone next year and McCutchen the future.  They need to figure out what's going on with him.

If you bring up Bell, Brault and Kuhl, what are the corresponding moves?  Those sound like nice ideas, but they are a lot more complicated when you start talking about DFA'ing guys and cutting people from the clubhouse. That's Huntington's job to figure out and whether he is trying to trade guys like Locke or Jaso who shouldn't be on this roster he is not doing a very good job of it. You bring up Bell, Brault, and Kuhl for Locke, Jaso and Moroff. Moroff has absolutely no business being on this roster over a guy like Bell none. I know the Pirates aren't just going to DFA both Locke and Jaso cause you know they aren't going to eat 7 million dollars after what we saw the other day with what happened with Liriano. But maybe they should at this point because it's what is best for the team and can make them better moving forward if Bell is up here for Jaso and both Brault and Kuhl are on the roster over Locke.

Sometimes in business you have to admit you made a mistake and take a little bit of a hit and cut your losses. The Pirates should do that with Jaso and Locke but myself and everybody else on here knows they probably wont.
PMike

My Changes

Post by PMike »

00273632372A15213637372A530 wrote: For the umpteenth time, Kang cannot play everyday.  This has nothing to do with his stats.  NH said, before the season, that Kang injury was so severe, that it would keep him from being an every day starter this year.  They were hoping for 2/3 games per series.  Can we put this one to bed?

I certainly agree with moving McCutchen down in the lineup.  Once he is back from this series on the bench, he needs to start every day.  He can't lose at bats to Joyce.  Joyce will be gone next year and McCutchen the future.  They need to figure out what's going on with him.

If you bring up Bell, Brault and Kuhl, what are the corresponding moves?  Those sound like nice ideas, but they are a lot more complicated when you start talking about DFA'ing guys and cutting people from the clubhouse. That's Huntington's job to figure out and whether he is trying to trade guys like Locke or Jaso who shouldn't be on this roster he is not doing a very good job of it. You bring up Bell, Brault, and Kuhl for Locke, Jaso and Moroff. Moroff has absolutely no business being on this roster over a guy like Bell none. I know the Pirates aren't just going to DFA both Locke and Jaso cause you know they aren't going to eat 7 million dollars after what we saw the other day with what happened with Liriano. But maybe they should at this point because it's what is best for the team and can make them better moving forward if Bell is up here for Jaso and both Brault and Kuhl are on the roster over Locke.

Sometimes in business you have to admit you made a mistake and take a little bit of a hit and cut your losses. The Pirates should do that with Jaso and Locke but myself and everybody else on here knows they probably wont.

To be clear, NH has taken responsibility and admitted poor decisions.

Bringing up Bell for Moroff is stupid. Do you want Bell on the bench taking one at bat per game (Moroff isn't even getting that)? When he comes up, he has to start. Which leads to the real reason why that isn't a clear issue...Jaso. Jaso is signed through next year has been underwhelming. However, I think they'd like to keep him as a bench piece/back up to Bell for next year. His stats this year are below is career norms (esp BA and OBP). If he can return to normalize, he'd be a nice guy to have off the bench next year.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

My Changes

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7D604446482D0 wrote: For the umpteenth time, Kang cannot play everyday.  This has nothing to do with his stats.  NH said, before the season, that Kang injury was so severe, that it would keep him from being an every day starter this year.  They were hoping for 2/3 games per series.  Can we put this one to bed?

No, because his knee is not an issue. There has never been a report that he is sore after a start or back to back starts. The way he is playing, he looks to be 100%.

I understand when he first came back to not play him every day, but that was a long time ago. He needs to play more. If there is a good match up for him, he can play that third game in a row. Things change. Health changes.
SteadyFreddy

My Changes

Post by SteadyFreddy »

0B1632303E5B0 wrote: For the umpteenth time, Kang cannot play everyday.  This has nothing to do with his stats.  NH said, before the season, that Kang injury was so severe, that it would keep him from being an every day starter this year.  They were hoping for 2/3 games per series.  Can we put this one to bed?

Bringing up Bell for Moroff is stupid.  Do you want Bell on the bench taking one at bat per game (Moroff isn't even getting that)?  When he comes up, he has to start.  Which leads to the real reason why that isn't a clear issue...Jaso.  Jaso is signed through next year has been underwhelming.  However, I think they'd like to keep him as a bench piece/back up to Bell for next year.  His stats this year are below is career norms (esp BA and OBP).  If he can return to normalize, he'd be a nice guy to have off the bench next year. Having Moroff on the roster is stupid period. What does he add?? What can he do well that can help this team still make a playoff push? Did you see what Josh Bell did when he came up about a month ago in his 4 at-bats and the jolt he gave the Pirates that weekend series against the Cubs. He hit a grand slam, got his first hit off Arietta, and was able to draw two walks against two pretty damn good pitchers in Strasburg and Lackey. Yes I would rather have him on the bench then a stiff like Moroff. I don't have a problem keeping Jaso around next season if they want to use him off the bench but that is it. If Hurdle or Huntington dare pencil him in as the starter next season at 1st over Bell then they both should have their heads examined.
SteadyFreddy

My Changes

Post by SteadyFreddy »

272C24282D2C377274033A222B2C2C6D202C430 wrote: For the umpteenth time, Kang cannot play everyday.  This has nothing to do with his stats.  NH said, before the season, that Kang injury was so severe, that it would keep him from being an every day starter this year.  They were hoping for 2/3 games per series.  Can we put this one to bed?

No, because his knee is not an issue.  There has never been a report that he is sore after a start or back to back starts.  The way he is playing, he looks to be 100%. 

I understand when he first came back to not play him every day, but that was a long time ago.  He needs to play more.  If there is a good match up for him, he can play that third game in a row.  Things change.  Health changes.

I'd have no problem with this as well I think his health and his knee is not that big of an issue anymore. I don't think Kang is playing that much because he has looked terrible in the last month in a half since the sexual assault charges came into play.
SammyKhalifa

My Changes

Post by SammyKhalifa »

11362723263B04302726263B420 wrote: For the umpteenth time, Kang cannot play everyday.  This has nothing to do with his stats.  NH said, before the season, that Kang injury was so severe, that it would keep him from being an every day starter this year.  They were hoping for 2/3 games per series.  Can we put this one to bed?

Bringing up Bell for Moroff is stupid.  Do you want Bell on the bench taking one at bat per game (Moroff isn't even getting that)?  When he comes up, he has to start.  Which leads to the real reason why that isn't a clear issue...Jaso.  Jaso is signed through next year has been underwhelming.  However, I think they'd like to keep him as a bench piece/back up to Bell for next year.  His stats this year are below is career norms (esp BA and OBP).  If he can return to normalize, he'd be a nice guy to have off the bench next year. Having Moroff on the roster is stupid period. What does he add?? What can he do well that can help this team still make a playoff push? Did you see what Josh Bell did when he came up about a month ago in his 4 at-bats and the jolt he gave the Pirates that weekend series against the Cubs. He hit a grand slam, got his first hit off Arietta, and was able to draw two walks against two pretty damn good pitchers in Strasburg and Lackey. Yes I would rather have him on the bench then a stiff like Moroff. I don't have a problem keeping Jaso around next season if they want to use him off the bench but that is it. If Hurdle or Huntington dare pencil him in as the starter next season at 1st over Bell then they both should have their heads examined.

What on earth freddie. Moroff and Bell are two different players that fill two completely different roles. And for what he does Moroff has been okay coming up. Would your opinion of him really have changed if he got a hit in his first at bat? Moroff is a place holder to go down when McCutchen is "back." They've said as much.