8/9 Game Thread - Kuhl Runnings

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

RichD

Post by RichD »

664041564050230 wrote: is the Padres Alex Dickerson the player the pirates traded to get Jaff Decker?

Well yes he is . Decker who ? We had a lot of OF talent in those days . Polanco (nice call) , Willie Garcia , and Josh Bell who we made a 1b after Dickerson struggled trying to play 1b. We tried Allie to that year i think? Both were at different levels. Dickerson had a solid AA season when we traded him.Decker was an obp machine.

Dude didnt get a fair shake from the Bucs .They had a guy who hits. But they got rid of him when he coulndnt play 1b  and then traded him for an OF who cant hit but takes walks :-* its not suprising that he has found his way to the show . Got in hurt i think after we traded him but the Pads stuck with him . And now they seem to have a player.

Good for them  ::)
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

Kuhl didn't let the 1st inning get to him. Both he and Brault have shown that they are battlers when things don't go in their favor.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

JHay is simply superhuman on the bases. That was flat out impossible.

People on here love to complain about him, but if we had a team that played as hard as does every play we'd be champions.
rucker59@gmail.com

1A35222335293B33500 wrote: Kuhl didn't let the 1st inning get to him. Both he and Brault have shown that they are battlers when things don't go in their favor.

I really like Kuhl. And you're right - I think he was initially rattled but he's been excellent since the 2nd.
rucker59@gmail.com

GREGORY!!!

5-2!!

How BIG is that play by JHay!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Gotta love the 3 run bomb. Good to have Polanco back in the lineup. Big big hit to break this game open.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Boom!
rucker59@gmail.com

Francisco misses a 3run blast by about a foot!

6-2.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

"Open the window Aunt Minnie, here she comes!" Rosey Roswell, former Bucco broadcaster who taught Bob "Gunner" Prince a thing or two about announcing Bucco games.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Jaso just sucks at everything...maybe we need to have a Joey Portor scenario where both Jaso and Bell walk into a dark alley and only one walks out...I'm pretty sure which of the two would walk out...