Last Minute Trade Buzz

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

UtahPirate

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by UtahPirate »

192B27273301222B26232C2B4A0 wrote: "The Pirates want starting help. The Rays want Josh Bell and/or Austin Meadows, per source. Pirates so far have shot down those offers."

It just always seems like the Rays are hard to deal with. We've been down this road with them before. We've never made a deal.
Ecbucs

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Ecbucs »

04363A3A2E1C3F363B3E3136570 wrote: "The Pirates want starting help. The Rays want Josh Bell and/or Austin Meadows, per source. Pirates so far have shot down those offers."

Hopefully if that's what it would really take , they continue to hold off.

Well according to SOME around we "aren't trying to win" because we didn't trade Starling Marte for a rental three years ago, so we'll see

I wasn't for dealing him, but part of the rationale was that Marte rarely walked and struck out a lot so many folks thought he would not be able to handle major league pitching.  He has certainly proved that wrong.

I wonder if the Bucs considered flipping Rivero? Brewers got a good return for Smith.
SammyKhalifa

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SammyKhalifa »

173130273121520 wrote: "The Pirates want starting help. The Rays want Josh Bell and/or Austin Meadows, per source. Pirates so far have shot down those offers."

Well according to SOME around we "aren't trying to win" because we didn't trade Starling Marte for a rental three years ago, so we'll see

I wasn't for dealing him, but part of the rationale was that Marte rarely walked and struck out a lot so many folks thought he would not be able to handle major league pitching.  He has certainly proved that wrong.

Also he was "just a prospect why do we hoard prospects"
SteadyFreddy

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates have acquired Ivan Nova from the Yankees.
Tintin

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Tintin »

123524202538073324252538410 wrote: Another deadline where Huntington talked a good game acting like he was going to make all these moves, but when it comes down to it the Pirates are going to do nothing. Let's keep playing Jaso at 1st base when he is hitting .186 in his last 30 games instead of calling up Bell, and let's insert both Locke and Vogelsong back into the rotation as well in the middle of trying to get a wildcard spot. This team is right back where they were in the offseason looking for starting pitching and still can't fill the void.

I still blame Nutting for not giving Huntington the financial resources to go out and sign a few good quality starting pitchers. You gotta be able to do better then Locke, Vogelsong, Niese and Nicasio after coming off a 98 win season. Sorry fellas but it's just not good enough you gotta be able to do better then this.

When did Hunington talk a good game acting like he was going to make all these moves?
SteadyFreddy

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SteadyFreddy »

15272B2B3F0D2E272A2F2027460 wrote: "The Pirates want starting help. The Rays want Josh Bell and/or Austin Meadows, per source. Pirates so far have shot down those offers."

Well according to SOME around we "aren't trying to win" because we didn't trade Starling Marte for a rental three years ago, so we'll see I think Huntington wants to win I don't think the owner really puts it as a top priority. When you have Locke, Vogelsong,and Niese still as possibilities in your rotation now it sends out a message that winning this season is not all that important.
steve49

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by steve49 »

321504000518271304050518610 wrote: Another deadline where Huntington talked a good game acting like he was going to make all these moves, but when it comes down to it the Pirates are going to do nothing. Let's keep playing Jaso at 1st base when he is hitting .186 in his last 30 games instead of calling up Bell, and let's insert both Locke and Vogelsong back into the rotation as well in the middle of trying to get a wildcard spot. This team is right back where they were in the offseason looking for starting pitching and still can't fill the void.

I still blame Nutting for not giving Huntington the financial resources to go out and sign a few good quality starting pitchers. You gotta be able to do better then Locke, Vogelsong, Niese and Nicasio after coming off a 98 win season. Sorry fellas but it's just not good enough you gotta be able to do better then this.

I don't get the connection of not dealing for a starting pitcher to not calling up Josh Bell. There really is no connection. It's ridiculous that Jaso is still on this roster and a guy like Josh Bell can't get called up but a guy like Max Moroff can.

Got ya... Yeah ..I guess if they could play Pedro at first last year , they could let Bell fine tune his defense in the bigs.
SpeedyG

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SpeedyG »

17302125203D02362120203D440 wrote: The Pirates have acquired Ivan Nova from the Yankees.

Looks like he's a free agent at the end of next year.

Interesting, but unremarkable move at this point.
BenM

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by BenM »

51766763667B44706766667B020 wrote: The Pirates have acquired Ivan Nova from the Yankees.

I watch a fair number of Yankee games.

I really hope they bought low.
SammyKhalifa

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SammyKhalifa »

52716464657846010 wrote: The Pirates have acquired Ivan Nova from the Yankees.

Looks like he's a free agent at the end of next year.

Interesting, but unremarkable move at this point.

Is he better than the people we have? I don't understand "FIP" whatsoever but it's looks like a really terrible number.