Game thread 9/10-Walking Dead Game 1

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

Post by BenM »

I'm at the point where a ninth inning rally doesn't get me excited at all.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Do the Pirates lose like this on purpose?

That's what it's starting to seem like ... LET'S TORTURE OUR FANS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Can anyone tell me these numbers or tell me where to find them.

I'm guessing these numbers will also go a long way toward explaining this season:

Pirates record when leading after 7

Pirates record when leading after 8

Pirates record when trailing after 7

Pirates record when trailing after 8

This team NEVER rallies late. Maybe there has been a time or two, but I can't remember it.

On the other hand, it feels like we've lost 7-8 games this year when leading after 7 or 8.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Wow.

I didn`t realize tomorrow is Sept.11th.

I feel like a tool . Too busy or selfish i dont know.

ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

597B68757673747B586F7979751A0 wrote: Can anyone tell me these numbers or tell me where to find them.

About halfway down is "Inning-by-Inning W-L."

http://www.baseball-reference.com/play- ... eam_id=PIT

Leading going to the 8th 62-6, trailing 2-58;

Leading going to the 9th 64-2, trailing 0-63.

Includes tonight.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Hit up youtube vids if you need a reminder .

Really crazy stuff.

We are still at war ...Why i dont know ?
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Babe -- Thanks. So when we trail after 7, we pretty much lose every time. Just 2 wins all year. Although it feels like this team has had at least 10 or 15 golden opportunities to tie or win games in the 8th or 9th inning. But they never do.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

280D0E0E1B300D050710620 wrote: Hutchison 4 runs in 4 innings. Not impressed

I was anxious to see what he had. Worked the ball inside consistently, but wasn't very impressive. Pretty disappointed so far I must say...
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates with a loss tomorrow will have gone 2-8 on this 10 game homestand and a combined 1-6 against both the Brewers and Reds. That's unacceptable for a team with this much talent fighting for a playoff spot. I'm with VA now a lot when he says a lot of changes on this team need to be made going into next season. Certain guys do need traded probably such as JHay and dare I say the names Cole,Cutch or even someone like Marte. Clint Hurdle can't have another season like this one this season I feel and keep his job after next season. Not saying he will get fired if they have a losing record next season but if they continue to play the way they are this season next season there is definitely going to need to be some serious talk of a managerial change. Too much talent on this team to have 2 bad years In a row. Hurdle needs to be held accountable for this mess.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

725544404558675344454558210 wrote: The Pirates with a loss tomorrow will have gone 2-8 on this 10 game homestand and a combined 1-6 against both the Brewers and Reds. That's unacceptable for a team with this much talent fighting for a playoff spot. I'm with VA now a lot when he says a lot of changes on this team need to be made going into next season. Certain guys do need traded probably such as JHay and dare I say the names Cole,Cutch or even someone like Marte. Clint Hurdle can't have another season like this one this season I feel and keep his job after next season. Not saying he will get fired if they have a losing record next season but if they continue to play the way they are this season next season there is definitely going to need to be some serious talk of a managerial change. Too much talent on this team to have 2 bad years In a row. Hurdle needs to be held accountable for this mess.
You can't put the full blame for this disasterous season on Hurdle. I do however blame Hurdle for the lack of fight and enthusiasm displayed since the trade deadline. Not sure if it was VA or NC that stated that trading Melancon was the Front Office throwing the white flag  on the season. Although the return for Melancon looks good; you don't trade the best closer when your team is fighting for the playoffs. You have to put a large potion of blame on the FO.

This had to have a negative effect in the clubhouse.

Bottom line however is that there were just too many under performers. If I had to rate the top culprits; I would say in order:

1) Just about the entire pitching staff with the exception of the young starters recalled from AAA

2) Cutch- offense, defense, base running

3) Cervelli- Total lack of production

4) Marte-Power disappeared. Expected 15-20 HR. Got 7