9/16 Game 1 against the Reds Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

404B434F4A4B501513645D454C4B4B0A474B240 wrote: Where are the posters who said the best outfielder plays RF? I understood in PNC Park, but on the road too? Polanco has played mostly LF with Marte out.
Who said the best out fielder plays RF? The best outfielder normally plays CF. After that, the best arm belongs in RF to control runners going from 1B to 3B. I don't understand Polanco in LF and Bell in RF. Seems like it should be reversed. But managerial and coaching decisions on the Pirates are often questionable.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Big discussion a while back. I said the slower, less fielder is often put in RF. I agree the best arm should be in RF, but that isn't the case most of the time. Has Bell ever played LF? I get Marte in LF because of PNC Park.

Not just the Pirates, every team does this. Big, slow guys are put in RF. It was discussed on the old board.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Wow. Jaso made a smart play and a good play on defense. He is learning.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

One of my favorite announcers, George Grande, doing the Reds PBP. Very classy announcer.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Jaso had an easy throw to 2B instead of flipping it to Vogelsong. Now the Pirates are down two runs.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

757E767A7F7E652026516870797E7E3F727E110 wrote: Jaso had an easy throw to 2B instead of flipping it to Vogelsong. Now the Pirates are down two runs.

There is actual truth more times than not as to "you get what you pay for" This team didn't stand much of a chance at the start of the season with roster construction.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

1909083F2929254A0 wrote: Jaso had an easy throw to 2B instead of flipping it to Vogelsong. Now the Pirates are down two runs.

There is actual truth more times than not as to "you get what you pay for"  This team didn't stand much of a chance at the start of the season with roster construction.

Kang just tied it up with a HR and he makes $1.5 million less than Jaso?
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

Wasn't the error on Vogelsong, not Jaso?
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

So where's the outrage at Polanco not running hard out of the box in the 9th, leading to a DP? Why is this type of bad base running worthy of less attention then when someone is too aggressive on the bases?

I use to think (was I wrong?) that Polanco played hard every play. He doesn't any longer. Why? Who or what changed his approach? Is it a problem?

This is the type of play that should never be acceptable.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Yes the error was on Vogelsong, but Jaso had an easier play to second.

Polanco probably thought it was caught. But he should stil be running. The less attention is there because it is just a hustle issue and not a mental error. Every player should run out every hit. No excuse.

You have to think running to third when not forced with the ball hit in front of you is worse than a guy thinking a ball was caught and stopped running.

Pirates win. Raise it.