Trade Cutch and Prospect to Tampa Bay for SP

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Post by mouse »

Sounds as though NH was thinking of Washington and an outfielder.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/a ... rates.html
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

2D2F353325400 wrote: Sounds as though NH was thinking of Washington and an outfielder.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/a ... rates.html

Funny, I brought up Washington as a suitor for Cutch if they didn't get a title. I didn't think it was a potential destination earlier. I wouldn't trust NH in dealing him. I have a good idea what he would look for an it wouldn't make any of us happy.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The article mentioned realigning the outfield. I didn't think McCutchen would go to RF if moved from CF. It makes sense at PNC Park with Polanco with the better arm, but thought McCutchen would go to LF if moved.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I really think the Bucs are going to look at offers for Cutch and if one is promising, they will deal Andrew...Putting him in RF with his arm? Wow, LF is tough to play too. There is quite a dilemma with #22 for certain. Marte and Polanco can cover ground. I don't know what will come of Andrew McCutchen , but he has been one of my favorite players since he came up.

Where there is smoke, there is fire...Just have this feeling, they are going to move him....
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Does he have a No Trade Clause?

I can't see him wanting to go to Tampa even if he is from Florida.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I have never heard it mentioned that Cutch had a no trade clause in his contract. I believe the Bucs could move him to any MLB team without him holding up a trade.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

2A21292520213A7F790E372F262121602D214E0 wrote: Does he have a No Trade Clause?

I can't see him wanting to go to Tampa even if he is from Florida.

I can't see Tampa wanting him because he doesn't fit the TB financial flexibility. Pittsburgh's organization is very very frugal. TB's is worse.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Cutch is a huge bargain at 14 mil per for the next two years.  I hope we don't trade him #

1) NH got absolutely raked last year in his trade dealings, so coin flip as to what he would be able to return.  Last time NH traded a superstar the fledgling return set the organization back years (Jason Bay).  We should be trading prospects for ML talent, not ML talent for possible prospects or like last year, prospects for $

2) if we would just move him to LF, he's still a good player even with last years numbers which are bound to improve. He doesn't have a choice. Move him to LF, and Marte to CF. End of discussion Cutch

3) he's NOT old and almost a guarantee to rebound.

#1 is the biggest reason for me.   No faith.  I agree he's likely a goner though.  You see... he's the highest paid player on the team.   When that occurs, they have target on their back in pittsburgh. 
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

There's an article in the Trib about possibly trading Cutch.

http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/1145 ... gton-trade

A couple highlights:

“They recognize that we haven't been adverse to moving guys as their contract nears expiration,” Huntington told the Associated Press. “It's a part of how we believe we need to do things to continue to be competitive and continue to give ourselves a shot to win.”

“In other deals that we've done, we've ended up getting as much, if not more, around the trade deadline that we would have in the prior offseason because at the trade deadline there (are) few players available,” Huntington told the AP. “There's more angst about competing.”

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: There's an article in the Trib about possibly trading Cutch.

http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/1145 ... gton-trade

A couple highlights:

“They recognize that we haven't been adverse to moving guys as their contract nears expiration,” Huntington told the Associated Press. “It's a part of how we believe we need to do things to continue to be competitive and continue to give ourselves a shot to win.”

“In other deals that we've done, we've ended up getting as much, if not more, around the trade deadline that we would have in the prior offseason because at the trade deadline there (are) few players available,” Huntington told the AP. “There's more angst about competing.”

I think the should consider moving him. However, I don't trust the GM to make a sound deal. The Walker deal is one prime example. Every GM loses deals, but that was ridiculous.