Status of Ivan Nova

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It appears to me the Bucs are waiting for a final resolution with Nova. I am beginning to think they should make their best offer to him and then move on. I fear that they will lose out on Nova and by that time any other pitcher who they might have any interest in,will have already signed with another team. They cannot hope for success from all their young pitchers next year. They need a veteran starting pitcher to add to the staff.
PMike

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by PMike »

202C2D767F767E73746B71460 wrote: It appears to me the Bucs are waiting for a final resolution with Nova. I am beginning to think they should make their best offer to him and  then move on. I fear that they will lose out on Nova and by that time any other pitcher who they might have any interest in,will have already signed with another team. They cannot hope for success from all their young pitchers next year. They need a veteran starting pitcher to add to the staff.

That's just it. Nova isn't the only one waiting. The whole market is on standby until a team and agent make a deal and set the market. Hopefully the Holland contract gets the ball rolling.
Ecbucs

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by Ecbucs »

lots of pitchers have signed though.

Bartolo Colon

R.A. Dickey

Charlie Morton

Jesse Chavez

Rich Hill

Andrew Cashner

Edison Volquez

Jeff Locke

So out there now are

Nova

Fister

Hammel

C.J. Wilson among others.
OrlandoMerced

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I'd take Hammel.

You'd have to prefer having a left though. I think Brault will get a long concentrated look in ST. Maybe he could be a better Jeff Locke.