4/11 Taillon vs Davis

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

4/11 Taillon vs Davis

Post by CarolinaBucco »

It could go bad alright. VERY bad.

After tomorrow, it's 7 on the road at Red Sox, Cubs, Cards.

That is not going to be pretty.

This team has a lot of problems, but a big one is virtually NO POWER.

So far our outfield has combined for ZERO homers, and I believe the team has 3 total on the season. The Reds have hit 2 in the last two hours.

When you can't get any quick-strike runs, that means you have to string together hits. This just in ... the Pirates are not good at stringing together hits or getting hits with runners in scoring position.

It's been an ugly start to the season. Thank goodness the Braves came in here and were just giving away runs left and right. Otherwise our record could be a lot worse than 3-4.

Ecbucs

4/11 Taillon vs Davis

Post by Ecbucs »

Reds bullpen not as good tonight as last night.  Maybe a trend.

The Bucs might really get to them tomorrow.
CarolinaBucco

4/11 Taillon vs Davis

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Home runs this season:

Scooter Gennett: 3

Pittsburgh Pirates: 3

IABucFan

4/11 Taillon vs Davis

Post by IABucFan »

I normally try to be positive, but I can't find anything good to say right now. They should just pack it in the rest of the year. 55-107.
SCBucco

4/11 Taillon vs Davis

Post by SCBucco »

0725362B282D2A25063127272B440 wrote: It could go bad alright. VERY bad.

After tomorrow, it's 7 on the road at Red Sox, Cubs, Cards.

That is not going to be pretty.

This team has a lot of problems, but a big one is virtually NO POWER.

So far our outfield has combined for ZERO homers, and I believe the team has 3 total on the season. The Reds have hit 2 in the last two hours.

When you can't get any quick-strike runs, that means you have to string together hits. This just in ... the Pirates are not good at stringing together hits or getting hits with runners in scoring position.

It's been an ugly start to the season. Thank goodness the Braves came in here and were just giving away runs left and right. Otherwise our record could be a lot worse than 3-4.

The flaws of this team are becoming more and more evident, even in the infancy of this season. There is power potential here, but nothing has shown thus far. The pitching isn't good absent a few arms. The bench isn't what I'd call good either.
CarolinaBucco

4/11 Taillon vs Davis

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I thought this team would not be good.

Through 7 games they are not good.

I picked 77-85 and right now I'm thinking I was overly optimistic.

So many issues ...
Ecbucs

4/11 Taillon vs Davis

Post by Ecbucs »

7E5C4F525154535C7F485E5E523D0 wrote: I thought this team would not be good.

Through 7 games they are not good.

I picked 77-85 and right now I'm thinking I was overly optimistic.

So many issues ...

after 2016 a good start was really needed this year for confidence of fans (and players). Need to win 3 out of next 4 or four out of 5 to get the mojo back.

Wonder what Pirates analytics staff is coming up with so far for this season?
rucker59@gmail.com

4/11 Taillon vs Davis

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Hopefully there is unnecessary doom and gloom (although it looks pretty legit to me, the doom and gloom), but should the Reds pass the Pirates in the Central, in the year many had pegged as the Pirates WS year, all hell will break loose in Pittsburgh, and the FO will likely be swept out of town.

But it won't be Neil's fault. That I believe. All this on the day Forbes announces the Pirates value now exceeds $1.2BILLION and our payroll dropped to just over $90M.
Ecbucs

4/11 Taillon vs Davis

Post by Ecbucs »

I expect Kuhl to have a great game tomorrow. If the Bucs can get a few runs early I think Kuhl can hold a lead. Taillon deserved better tonight.

Guessing that neither Williams or Nicasio will be available tomorrow.
CarolinaBucco

4/11 Taillon vs Davis

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Tomorrow is Nova by the way.

And it's a rare early season "must-win."

You CANNOT get swept at home by the Reds as you are leaving for a 7-game trip to Red Sox, Cubs, Cards.