Kang to miss the start of spring training

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

Post by Quail »

6B6E696F676D746960737578010 wrote: The thing that concerns me more is that he had the woman he was with lie and say she was driving.  That makes it so much worse.  I think the front office definitely need a plan B in place in case he cannot come back to the US at all.

You're thinking someone other than Freese? I was under the assumption that Freese was plan B.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Quail is right. Freese is plan B and has been since they signed him to his extension. I think that was as much because Kang has the shadow of the Chicago incident hanging over his head and now the Korean DUI. Smart move by NH to look ahead and lock Freese up for a couple years and do it cheaply.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I assume Freese will play and start at 3B if Kang is not with the team, but Freese signed way before the DUI. Maybe Korean Law is tricky and doesn't give people the answers, but I find it hard to believe the Pirates still don't know his status or what will happen at this trial on February 22nd.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

777C74787D7C672224536A727B7C7C3D707C130 wrote: I assume Freese will play and start at 3B if Kang is not with the team, but Freese signed way before the DUI.  Maybe Korean Law is tricky and doesn't give people the answers, but I find it hard to believe the Pirates still don't know his status or what will happen at this trial on February 22nd.   
How could the Pirates possibly know what will happen next week?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: I assume Freese will play and start at 3B if Kang is not with the team, but Freese signed way before the DUI.  Maybe Korean Law is tricky and doesn't give people the answers, but I find it hard to believe the Pirates still don't know his status or what will happen at this trial on February 22nd.   
How could the Pirates possibly know what will happen next week?

I have a friend who works for the ARD Program in Allegheny County, PA. They have told me every step along the way. They told me all the punishments (fines, suspensions). I am sure things have changed a little bit since I got the breakdown, but I don't think it is insider information.

It is pretty straight forward information here in the states. I assume the Pirates are on it and know the worst case scenario.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Yes, but there's a lot of room between the best and worst case scenarios. The Pirates have no way of knowing what the outcome will be. The Gosselin deal seems to be insurance against Freese having to start rather than being the utility guy off the bench.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

You're thinking someone other than Freese? I was under the assumption that Freese was plan B.

I don't know if I trust Freese to bridge the gap between now and Ke'Bryan Hayes or Will Craig or whoever. 
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

You know, you'd think for the amount that Kang earns in salary, he'd be able to afford an Uber.

Also, and please don't take this comment the wrong way, he was only at .084. Now, I'm not saying that's acceptable. Over the legal limit is over the legal limit. But, it wasn't all that long ago that .10 was the legal limit in many states. I'm not sure what the legal limit in Korea is, but it's not like he was absolutely plastered. Again though, still unacceptable. Hopefully, he learns his lesson. But, three times...there is definitely a pattern here.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

7471767078726B767F6C6A671E0 wrote: You're thinking someone other than Freese? I was under the assumption that Freese was plan B.

I don't know if I trust Freese to bridge the gap between now and Ke'Bryan Hayes or Will Craig or whoever. 

Those guys are really far away from the majors.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

797172455376515E300 wrote: You know, you'd think for the amount that Kang earns in salary, he'd be able to afford an Uber.

Also, and please don't take this comment the wrong way, he was only at .084.  Now, I'm not saying that's acceptable.  Over the legal limit is over the legal limit.  But, it wasn't all that long ago that .10 was the legal limit in many states.  I'm not sure what the legal limit in Korea is, but it's not like he was absolutely plastered.  Again though, still unacceptable.  Hopefully, he learns his lesson.  But, three times...there is definitely a pattern here.

could be he uses Uber in USA, don't know about it in South Korea.