Marte suspended 80 games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Marte suspended 80 games

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Osuna to 1B, Bell to RF.

Unless this starts the Meadows clock? Or call Toronto?
rucker59@gmail.com

Marte suspended 80 games

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Hate to see this and I certainly had no idea of anything like this but I've been singling Marte out since the last half of 2016 as possibly being a bad influence especially to Polanco. The guy is a fantastic talent but he doesn't play whole games.

Wish he'd been packaged in a mega deal this past winter.....
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Marte suspended 80 games

He was cheating. Nandrolene isn't taken orally. That's a needle, folks.
IABucFan

Marte suspended 80 games

Post by IABucFan »

Welp, 2017 was fun while it lasted. Frankly right now, I'd punt on the year. I'd start looking to actively trade some key pieces, Cutch and Cole in particular, and begin rebuilding for next year.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Marte suspended 80 games

555D5E697F5A7D721C0 wrote: Welp, 2017 was fun while it lasted.  Frankly right now, I'd punt on the year.  I'd start looking to actively trade some key pieces, Cutch and Cole in particular, and begin rebuilding for next year.

I am against punting. Huge blow, but they don't have to pay him. Not paying Kang either. Go get an outfielder.
IABucFan

Marte suspended 80 games

Post by IABucFan »

313A323E3B3A216462152C343D3A3A7B363A550 wrote: Welp, 2017 was fun while it lasted.  Frankly right now, I'd punt on the year.  I'd start looking to actively trade some key pieces, Cutch and Cole in particular, and begin rebuilding for next year.

I am against punting.  Huge blow, but they don't have to pay him.  Not paying Kang either.  Go get an outfielder. 

Well, that's true. But other teams know we have our backs against the wall now. No reason they can't hold us hostage for a king's ransom. Unbelievably dumb move by Marte.
SammyKhalifa

Marte suspended 80 games

Post by SammyKhalifa »

We were on the periphery of "the race" as it was and it turns out our best player is a fraud.  Let's not kid ourselves here.
Quail

Marte suspended 80 games

Post by Quail »

Horrible news. Makes me wonder if all of the talk in the media that I've seen over the past year about his disappointing HR output was a factor in his decision to cheat.

Stupid. Selfish. This guy used to be my favorite player.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Marte suspended 80 games

Giving up $40 million too. Like, he already made it. People would kill for his opportunity and contract.
rucker59@gmail.com

Marte suspended 80 games

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

131B182F391C3B345A0 wrote: Welp, 2017 was fun while it lasted.  Frankly right now, I'd punt on the year.  I'd start looking to actively trade some key pieces, Cutch and Cole in particular, and begin rebuilding for next year.

I agree with this. There is no "present" and Cole and Cutch have nothing to do with the Pirates future. Build around the young pitchers, Bell, Meadows, Frazier, etc.