4/22 Taillon versus Yankees...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This is why Jaso shouldn't be playing in RF. That play probably is going to cost the Pirates this game.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4C6B7A7E7B66596D7A7B7B661F0 wrote: This is why Jaso shouldn't be playing in RF. That play probably is going to cost the Pirates this game.
Exactly.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I probably spoke too soon. I wonder if Marte gets to that ball in CF? McCutchen didn't miss by much. Taillon didn't rebound. Another hard hit ball after the HR.

That's what happens when you put jaso (his second start??) in RF. If he was hitting, I probably wouldn't mind as much. But he isn't hitting either.

Someone (Virdon?) said you should never give up on a fly ball. I don't agree with that. Jaso went for it with no back up and it scored two runs.

Now down 5-3.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Jaso has no business playing hitting .083 NONE. No excuse for Clint to start him at all ever period. These are decisions and things that lose you games.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7B70787471706B2E285F667E777070317C701F0 wrote: I probably spoke too soon.  I wonder if Marte gets to that ball in CF?  McCutchen didn't miss by much.  Taillon didn't rebound.  Another hard hit ball after the HR.

That's what happens when you put jaso (his second start??) in RF.  If he was hitting, I probably wouldn't mind as much.  But he isn't hitting either. 

Someone (Virdon?) said you should never give up on a fly ball.  I don't agree with that.  Jaso went for it with no back up and it scored two runs.

Now down 5-3.
Virdon meant don't give up on a ball if there is a chance to get it (as opposed to when Marte let a fly ball drop in front of him in Boston that appeared catchable with maximum effort). That doesn't mean to senselessly dive for any ball. In this case Jaso might have had a chance until he moved in the wrong direction. By the time he came in he had no chance.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I understand, Bobster. But still doesn't make sense to me. Obviously, Jaso thought he could get to it or he wouldn't have done that, right?

If Jaso fields the ball on a bounce, it's probably a tie game.

(First I ever heard that quote/strategy too)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

757E767A7F7E652026516870797E7E3F727E110 wrote: I understand, Bobster. But still doesn't make sense to me. Obviously, Jaso thought he could get to it or he wouldn't have done that, right?

If Jaso fields the ball on a bounce, it's probably a tie game.

(First I ever heard that quote/strategy too)
It was a very bad play by Jaso. First he misjudged it. Then when his late start gave him no chance to catch it he dove and let it go past him.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Frazier comes through again. Bell takes a tough 3rd strike sitting on a full count. So close to bases loaded.

Good job for this challenged team fighting back. 5-5.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

YES! CUtch running. That's huge. No bunt BS. He's now at 3rd with one out. This could be the winning run, set up by a stolen base.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Jaso should have caught the ball but then he comes to the plate does absolutely nothing not sure why he's on this team, Osuna is a much better option than him.