5/3 Game Thread - Taillon v Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

They need Freese, Frazier and Cervelli back. Plain and simple.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

7B70787471706B2E285F667E777070317C701F0 wrote: They need Freese, Frazier and Cervelli back.  Plain and simple.

I agree Dog but who do you send down? Diaz for one but what about Osuna and Ngoepe. Both of these guys have created a bit of a spark to the team and in the fan's eyes. My opinion is that you send Osuna down along with Gosselin. I keep Ngoepe for his defense only and Hanson because he is out of options and could be claimed.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4260736E6D686F60437462626E010 wrote: The problem is right now the Pirates are every bit as bad as the Reds, probably worse.

When you get shut down by a garbage pitcher with an ERA of 11.00, then guess what, you're bad.

Other than Ngoepe and Diaz with their SSS, Harrison was the only starter to finish the game with a BA above .235. And Osuna rested his .300+ BA while Jaso (.157) batted second. Then Hurdle can bring Hanson (.231) and Gosselin (.125) off the bench. Clint has very few options at this point.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1B3A321B30385F0 wrote: They need Freese, Frazier and Cervelli back.  Plain and simple.

I agree Dog but who do you send down?  Diaz for one but what about Osuna and Ngoepe.  Both of these guys have created a bit of a spark to the team and in the fan's eyes.  My opinion is that you send Osuna down along with Gosselin.  I keep Ngoepe for his defense only and Hanson because he is out of options and could be claimed. 

Cervelli is not on the DL. So 2 players have to go to make room for Frazier and Freese. Diaz will be one since he is currently a third catcher. Gosselin should be the other.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: They need Freese, Frazier and Cervelli back.  Plain and simple.

I agree Dog but who do you send down?  Diaz for one but what about Osuna and Ngoepe.  Both of these guys have created a bit of a spark to the team and in the fan's eyes.  My opinion is that you send Osuna down along with Gosselin.  I keep Ngoepe for his defense only and Hanson because he is out of options and could be claimed. 

Cervelli is not on the DL. So 2 players have to go to make room for Frazier and Freese. Diaz will be one since he is currently a third catcher. Gosselin should be the other.

I don't know.

I like how Hanson plays. He seems like the perfect back up infielder. But he isn't that good. Will he play SS? Does he have a future?

Gosselin has not impressed me at all. He is so bad at turning double plays. I think Gosselin will hit eventually, but they will just be singles.

Osuna is hitting. He has that big frame to think some power will come along. But is it better to have him starting in the OF in the minors?

Jaso has shown some power, but still not hitting as a whole. He is not an outfielder either.

I would keep Gift over Gosselin or Hanson. I would keep Osuna over Gosselin and Hanson. I don't think Jaso goes anywhere due to being lefty.

With that said, Gosselin would be my pick. I don't feel he is that athletic as the others. But I see Hanson being the odd man out. How many second basemen does a team need?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

5C717C6D6A7B6C2C2F1E0 wrote: They need Freese, Frazier and Cervelli back.  Plain and simple.

Sending Diaz down makes sense if Cervelli is completely healthy. Seems I read in the PG or the Trib that trainer Todd Tomczyk said Cervelli's injury is going to be a nagging one and could flare up at any time again. Would hate to be in the situation of having to call up a low level catcher like Boorman.