Kuhl vs Strasburg

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

694449585F4E59191A2B0 wrote: Who is Osuna playing over?  I'd rather get Polanco, Frazier, or Bell going.
The point was that, with Polanco out, Jaso was in the OF and batting 4th. Why not give those ABs to Osuna rather than Jaso?

Oh. Jaso is left handed and hits right-handed pitching better. It is pretty much a platoon, pretty obvious. Osuna is not hitting at all. His hot streak is over.
Ecbucs

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by Ecbucs »

39323A363332296C6A1D243C353232733E325D0 wrote: Who is Osuna playing over?  I'd rather get Polanco, Frazier, or Bell going.
The point was that, with Polanco out, Jaso was in the OF and batting 4th. Why not give those ABs to Osuna rather than Jaso?

Oh.  Jaso is left handed and hits right-handed pitching better.  It is pretty much a platoon, pretty obvious.  Osuna is not hitting at all.  His hot streak is over.   

How do you know he hasn't started another hot streak? He hit a homer in his last at bat.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kuhl vs Strasburg

I don't, but before that HR he had three hits in the month of May.

Jaso was 2 for his last 7 before last night. And had a hit last night. He might be heating up too.
SteadyFreddy

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I don't know how Hurdle can actually write Jaso's name down on the lineup card and hit him 4th and actually feel like he is making the right decision in doing so. I just don't get it.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kuhl vs Strasburg

I don't either, but not sure what else he can do?

Frazier LF

Harrison 2B

Freese 3B

Bell 1B

Polanco RF (Jaso / Osuna)

McCutchen CF

Cervelli C

Mercer SS

This would be my line up. So sad, but oh well.
Ecbucs

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by Ecbucs »

2C272F2326273C797F083129202727662B27480 wrote: I don't either, but not sure what else he can do?

Frazier LF

Harrison 2B

Freese 3B

Bell 1B

Polanco RF (Jaso / Osuna)

McCutchen CF

Cervelli C

Mercer SS

This would be my line up.  So sad, but oh well.

I like this lineup for at least the short term.
SammyKhalifa

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by SammyKhalifa »

"Clint Hurdle reverses course, puts Josh Bell in cleanup spot for first time"