Kang Lost Appeal

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

Kang Lost Appeal

Post by johnfluharty »

414A424E4B4A511412655C444D4A4A0B464A250 wrote: Can't the Bucco's arrange for him to marry an American lady so he can get citizenship that way?  Have to think outside the box here.

Four million a year, I'd marry him.  But no monkey business or alone time in a hotel.  And tickets.  I would want tickets.  Lexus Club.

...and the OBN Post of the Year Award goes to Dogknot3.

Docjon49

Kang Lost Appeal

Post by Docjon49 »

2E2B2C2A2228312C2536303D440 wrote: Can't the Bucco's arrange for him to marry an American lady so he can get citizenship that way?  Have to think outside the box here.

Four million a year, I'd marry him.  But no monkey business or alone time in a hotel.  And tickets.  I would want tickets.  Lexus Club.

...and the OBN Post of the Year Award goes to Dogknot3.

Second! ;D
fjk090852-7

Kang Lost Appeal

Post by fjk090852-7 »

If there's doubt about Kang's future maybe the Bucs should start playing Moroff at third at Indy. I never considered him a big home run threat , but he is doing very well this season.
dmetz

Kang Lost Appeal

Post by dmetz »

8 month suspended jail sentence, 2 year probation. Sounds like he's going to have very small chance to get that Visa this season but pretty good chance next year.

Hopefully we do everything we can to get him here working asap
Jerseykc

Kang Lost Appeal

Post by Jerseykc »

407C7A7C676E78610F0 wrote: Can't the Bucco's arrange for him to marry an American lady so he can get citizenship that way?  Have to think outside the box here.

can I do the champagne toast :-?
thessy

Kang Lost Appeal

Post by thessy »

78717968661C0 wrote: 8 month suspended jail sentence, 2 year probation.   Sounds like he's going to have very small chance to get that Visa this season but pretty good chance next year.

May I ask where you heard that or what that is based on? I was under the impression that his visa was denied because he's essentially a repeat criminal or felon or whatever the classification may be at this point. His basis for appealing the conviction seemed to be a desperation move to try to get the sentence overturned so the whole convicted criminal thing would no longer be accurate and he could then re-apply and hopefully get a visa. Certainly it could be far more complicated than that, but my fear is that for visa-issuance purposes he isn't going to be viewed as less of a convicted criminal next year - or ever again for that matter.
dmetz

Kang Lost Appeal

Post by dmetz »

2935382E2E245D0 wrote: 8 month suspended jail sentence, 2 year probation.   Sounds like he's going to have very small chance to get that Visa this season but pretty good chance next year.

May I ask where you heard that or what that is based on?  I was under the impression that his visa was denied because he's essentially a repeat criminal or felon or whatever the classification may be at this point.  His basis for appealing the conviction seemed to be a desperation move to try to get the sentence overturned so the whole convicted criminal thing would no longer be accurate and he could then re-apply and hopefully get a visa.  Certainly it could be far more complicated than that, but my fear is that for visa-issuance purposes he isn't going to be viewed as less of a convicted criminal next year - or ever again for that matter.

Well, he was a convicted criminal after one DUI and still got a Visa after the 2nd.

I think it's going to be easier to grant the visa after the 8months has passed and he's past that and waiting out his probation.

I think it's an easy decision to let him have a work visa. He would generate a few million dollars in tax revenue.
Ecbucs

Kang Lost Appeal

Post by Ecbucs »

616860717F050 wrote: 8 month suspended jail sentence, 2 year probation.   Sounds like he's going to have very small chance to get that Visa this season but pretty good chance next year.

May I ask where you heard that or what that is based on?  I was under the impression that his visa was denied because he's essentially a repeat criminal or felon or whatever the classification may be at this point.  His basis for appealing the conviction seemed to be a desperation move to try to get the sentence overturned so the whole convicted criminal thing would no longer be accurate and he could then re-apply and hopefully get a visa.  Certainly it could be far more complicated than that, but my fear is that for visa-issuance purposes he isn't going to be viewed as less of a convicted criminal next year - or ever again for that matter.

Well, he was a convicted criminal after one DUI and still got a Visa after the 2nd.   

I think it's going to be easier to grant the visa after the 8months has passed and he's past that and waiting out his probation. 

I think it's an easy decision to let him have a work visa.   He would generate a few million dollars in tax revenue. 

I don't think the tax revenue is relevant as that comes from the Pirates payroll. It could just be used for someone else.
PMike

Kang Lost Appeal

Post by PMike »

28212938364C0 wrote: 8 month suspended jail sentence, 2 year probation.   Sounds like he's going to have very small chance to get that Visa this season but pretty good chance next year.

I think it's an easy decision to let him have a work visa.   He would generate a few million dollars in tax revenue. 

To be clear, he was given an 8 month prison sentence. That prison sentence was suspended 2 years. Then likely probation after the 2 year suspended time (assuming he doesn't get in any more trouble).

Given that timeline, I think he is done with the Pirates. I think they were hoping that the sentence would be reduced to just a fine like the last two times. I am pretty sure the sentence is the difference maker here. Nothing changes in 8 months. It changes in 2 years. His contract will be over with the Pirates. I think it's pretty clear he's done with the Pirates.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang Lost Appeal

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The Pirates will still owe his rights. I am assuming he will miss 2018 too. Then he will be 32 years old. Can he play in Korea? Two years away form baseball can be a big blow. His days are probably numbered as a major leaguer.