So far 15 Games without Marte

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

It's why the Pirates have to win these upcoming series they have against teams like the Braves and Mets and this series today with Philly. This is a soft portion of the schedule without Marte that the Pirates absolutely MUST take advantage of they don't really have any other option.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

5D565E5257564D080E794058515656175A56390 wrote: I feel there are no surprises this year and why their record is so bad. Imagine if two hitters showed up?

They still gotta get better production from the backend of this rotation. Both Kuhl and Glasnow have not been very good and both have ERA's in the 6's and 7's. You can't win consistently when you have two guys in your rotation out of 5 with ERA's that high. And while Glasnow has improved and looked better he is still not where the Pirates need him to be for being one of the top pitching prospects in all of baseball.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Yes, I agree.

I thought Kuhl would be close to average. I didn't expect much from Glasnow. I thought Williams would be average too. I would call up Hutchison to replace Kuhl or Williams.

I expected Nova, Cole, Taillon, Rivero, Watson, Nicasio, and Hudson to all pitch well too. Really only Hudson has sucked in that group. These aren't surprises to me.

I wish there were more surprises on this team. The offense has been really bad too. I expected Polanco to have a break out season, it hasn't happened yet. Cervelli is healthy, hitting the ball hard with no results. Mercer isn't hitting enough and McCutchen is still batting third.

We need more surprises and not for the players that were expected to play well. The question marks and the bounce back seasons are struggling.