Back to business - Mets verses Pirates game #2

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

61464D6E230 wrote: Polanco turned that Granderson double into a triple.

Looks like no one is hustling. Polanco was Ina jog. He has a great arm, doesn't he want to try to throw him out? That shouldn't have been a triple.

Mercer hasn't hustled either. I felt on Bell's bad throw to second Mercer didn't care about the ball. Then a fly ball to shallow left field, Mercer was just standing near second base. Frazier ran a long way.

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

That last baserunning gaffe by Cutch is the absolute worst baserunning I have ever seen. Then he laughs it off. If I was Hurdle I would sit his ass on the bench regardless of the offense he has provided tonight
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Why did McCutchen do that? He was jogging. There was no one on the bag at third. Cora told him to stop at third. That was stupid.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

It was almost like a little leaguer that just keeps running around the bases until he is tagged out. I've NEVER seen a ML player do that
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

517477776249747C7E691B0 wrote: That last baserunning gaffe by Cutch is the absolute worst baserunning I have ever seen. Then he laughs it off. If I was Hurdle I would sit his ass on the bench regardless of the offense he has provided tonight
Yes! Why would any right minded person run from 3B to home on a groundet to SS? It was as if Cutch just didn't care and weanted to end the inning. I would have have benched him at that moment.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I can see benching him too.

Why did shortstop not throw to first? If it was going to be a bang bang play at first Cutch should have stopped especially with coach telling him not to go.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

496C6F6F7A516C646671030 wrote: It was almost like a little leaguer that just keeps running around the bases until he is tagged out. I've NEVER seen a ML player do that

I hope for those stupid base runners when I play beer league softball. My fake throws rarely work then either. McCutchen didn't listen or look at Cora at all. Even if the runner was safe at first on the throw, he would have still been thrown out at home. If the bal skips away, he would have scored anyway. Dumb.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Just Cutch being Cutch. He's too good for base coaches
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

This team is pretty much the opposite of the "winning" teams. Loved those teams. Loved The leadership and attitude. This team Is simply unlikable with zero leadership.

Any desire to hold on to this team going forward makes no sense. They have zero pride or self motivation.

JHay, Cervelli and Frazier. The rest can take a hike.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Ack!! Cervelli just robbed!!