Hansen and Gift

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Hansen and Gift

Post by SammyKhalifa »

0C2E3D202326212E0D3A2C2C204F0 wrote: Gooselin? Seriously?.

Even if he can hit a little, he appears to be a major defensive liability.

I'd prefer Gift ... who also hits a little without the E4 part.

Pirates fans and Gosselin got off on a bad foot. While not a star he certainly would be better than he had been.

Bobster21

Hansen and Gift

Post by Bobster21 »

I doubt Hanson gets claimed. A switch hitter who can't hit from either side of the plate while presumably always having the advantage against the pitcher. Just not good in any phase of the game. Probably wind up in Indy. I like Ngoepe for late inning defense. But Harrison, Mercer and Freese don't need to be replaced for defense. And Gift just doesn't hit. Not even in the minors.
SammyKhalifa

Hansen and Gift

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Moroff has been mashing down there lately.

1.116 OPS in May--8HR
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Hansen and Gift

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I forgot about Gosselin, but I like this move. Gift has a nice story, but with no story do you really think he belongs on the team?

I would have kept Moroff over Gift the last time he was up. I like this minor move. Hanson and Gift didn't provide enough for the Pirates.

Can we put Gosselin at 3B more than 2B if he has to play?
DemDog

Hansen and Gift

Post by DemDog »

Sorry to see both these guys being replaced. Hanson was once one of the best prospects in the system and was to be the SS of the future. Alas, he washed out with the Bucs.

As for Gift, it was a special story with him. We all knew that this day might come sooner than later. A gifted (no pun intended) player with the glove and did serve well in that area for the Bucs. But we also knew that his bat was what would limit him especially the high K rate. I believe he would still be around if not for the Ks Gift I enjoyed your enthusiasm for the game and all Pirate fans. I hope to see you back with the big club in Sept.
SCBucco

Hansen and Gift

Post by SCBucco »

35372D2B3D580 wrote: That's a surprise, but I guess it shouldn't be. As offensively challenged as this team has been, they need to do something. Moroff and Rogers? I suppose they could do a trade but that would be even more of a surprise.

I wish we had a redo on that Rogers fiasco deal. The guy we gave up would help us. Rogers hasn't done a thing.
SammyKhalifa

Hansen and Gift

Post by SammyKhalifa »

0616172036363A550 wrote: That's a surprise, but I guess it shouldn't be. As offensively challenged as this team has been, they need to do something. Moroff and Rogers? I suppose they could do a trade but that would be even more of a surprise.

I wish we had a redo on that Rogers fiasco deal.  The guy we gave up would help us.  Rogers hasn't done a thing.

Yeah. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I liked Keon Broxton--but he didn't seem to have a spot and I had no idea he'd do as well as he is.