Bucs Brewers / Nova vs Anderson

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Harrison throwing out trying to steal 3rd with 1 out.

So instead of having 2 chances for someone to drive him in with a hit, we have 2 outs and no one on. Don't really understand the logic.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

10202C37372A2D0E223030430 wrote: Harrison throwing out trying to steal 3rd with 1 out.

So instead of having 2 chances for someone to drive him in with a hit, we have 2 outs and no one on. Don't really understand the logic.

He is not a smart base runner. He should have been thrown out at second last night. Then a few pitches later, he was thrown out at third (bad call, but still). There are good and bad times to try to get that extra base. Harrison isn't good at knowing those times.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Nova vs Shaw?

Shaw is 6 for 9 lifetime against Nova. I would bring in the bullpen.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

202B232F2A2B307573043D252C2B2B6A272B440 wrote: Nova vs Shaw? 

Shaw is 6 for 9 lifetime against Nova.  I would bring in the bullpen.

very dumb, and it could have even been one of Clint's famous double switches.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

4B40484441405B1E186F564E474040014C402F0 wrote: Nova vs Shaw? 

Shaw is 6 for 9 lifetime against Nova.  I would bring in the bullpen.

having nova pitch to Shaw for the 4th time in this game was just a plain bad decision. No if ands or whats about that one.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

What a great trade for the Brewers in getting Shaw? Too bad the Pirates didn't know Kang's fate at that time.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

On May 12 we were 14–22 and a season worst 8 games under .500.

Today we are 33 – 40, still 7 games under .500.

So 19 and 18 in the last 37 games. We climbed to 4 games under .500 only to go into Baltimore and choke. Last night in the 7th, it looked like we might get to 5 games under and 4 games back. Then, after destroying the Brewers in the first two games, we ended up splitting. The hitting has been solid in June, Cutch is back, and we're still treading water...
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Pirates total 4 hits after Hurdle decides to rest 2 of his best hitters in Frazier and Freese. Frazier was coming off a 3-hit game last night and had 1 of the 4 hits today with a PH. Their replacements were 0 for 7 with 5 Ks. Huge difference between taking 3 of 4 or gaining nothing by splitting 4 games. But as usual, Hurdle's priority was on resting players. Freese had played 6 games since having 2 days off. He must've been exhausted. I remember Cal Ripken begging to be taken out after every 6 games. Frazier is age 25 and has played 6 games since a day off. Can't risk starting a 7th game after getting 3 hits. All that baserunning must've been too much. Hurdle has convinced me. Winning is good but resting is the ultimate goal. Maybe they could change the team name to the Pittsburgh Pillows. The Parrot could be replaced by someone dressed as a recliner. 

http://cdn.coolest-homemade-costumes.co ... 425124.jpg
steve49

Post by steve49 »

072A27363120377774450 wrote: Pirates total 4 hits after Hurdle decides to rest 2 of his best hitters in Frazier and Freese. Frazier was coming off a 3-hit game last night and had 1 of the 4 hits today with a PH. Their replacements were 0 for 7 with 5 Ks. Huge difference between taking 3 of 4 or gaining nothing by splitting 4 games. But as usual, Hurdle's priority was on resting players. Freese had played 6 games since having 2 days off. He must've been exhausted. I remember Cal Ripken begging to be taken out after every 6 games. Frazier is age 25 and has played 6 games since a day off. Can't risk starting a 7th game after getting 3 hits. All that baserunning must've been too much. Hurdle has convinced me. Winning is good but resting is the ultimate goal. Maybe they could change the team name to the Pittsburgh Pillows. The Parrot could be replaced by someone dressed as a recliner. 

Must be a 2 game swing with the division leader is a bigger deal to you than it is to Clint.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5D5A4B584B1A172E0 wrote: Pirates total 4 hits after Hurdle decides to rest 2 of his best hitters in Frazier and Freese. Frazier was coming off a 3-hit game last night and had 1 of the 4 hits today with a PH. Their replacements were 0 for 7 with 5 Ks. Huge difference between taking 3 of 4 or gaining nothing by splitting 4 games. But as usual, Hurdle's priority was on resting players. Freese had played 6 games since having 2 days off. He must've been exhausted. I remember Cal Ripken begging to be taken out after every 6 games. Frazier is age 25 and has played 6 games since a day off. Can't risk starting a 7th game after getting 3 hits. All that baserunning must've been too much. Hurdle has convinced me. Winning is good but resting is the ultimate goal. Maybe they could change the team name to the Pittsburgh Pillows. The Parrot could be replaced by someone dressed as a recliner. 

Must be a 2 game swing with the division leader is a bigger deal to you than it is to Clint.
Apparently so. :-?