Sunday's game - Taillon scratched

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Time for Wehner to pull a Jim Rooker and say if the Pirates blow this game he will walk back to Pittsburgh. What an amazing inning. I've never seen anything like this in all my years I've been watching baseball.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

0C212C3D3A2B3C7C7F4E0 wrote: Gonna be an interesting game. Good to have this 10-run cushion. Kuhl is starting on 2-days rest. Probably only going to let him go 2-3 innings and then turn it over to the pen. I hope 10 runs is enough.

I agree. If one team can score ten runs, so can the other team. It is rare, but we just saw it happen. I would hope Hurdle wouldn't leave Kuhl in unlike the Cubs keeping Lester like that.

10 runs, 15 batters.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

If Kuhl can't get out of the 5th inning in this game then time to take him out of the rotation.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Who are these guys and what did they do with the Pirates?
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

0A2D3C383D201F2B3C3D3D20590 wrote: If Kuhl can't get out of the 5th inning in this game then time to take him out of the rotation.

he's coming off of 2 days rest, 2 to 3 innings tops.

We should get a big dose of Schugel today
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

That was far and away the most enjoyable 45 minutes of baseball I've watched all season. Just torching the Lester and the Flubs and their idiot fans. So much fun.

But now we have to deal with reality. No Taillon. Kuhl on 2 days rest, and the Pirates bullpen. This could be REALLY ugly.

With a 10-0 lead, I'd say the odds of the Pirates holding this lead are about 55-45. I'm not particularly confident at all. It would be so Pirates to blow this lead.

If we had Taillon, the game would be over already.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Always nice to put up 10 runs in the top of the first against the Cubs in Chicago. Would love another 10-spot in the second. Can't stand Chicago at all.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Looking at the schedule after the All Star Game; the Bucs have a big 7 game homestand- 3 with the Cards and 4 with the Brew Crew. I think those games decide the July 31 strategy.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

69465150465A4840230 wrote: If Kuhl can't get out of the 5th inning in this game then time to take him out of the rotation.

Exactly. There's no way they'd let him pitch 5. Kind of a shame to miss out on a W with a 10-run lead.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

456865747362753536070 wrote: If Kuhl can't get out of the 5th inning in this game then time to take him out of the rotation.

but if he throws some zeros - could get his ERA below 5

Exactly. There's no way they'd let him pitch 5. Kind of a shame to miss out on a W with a 10-run lead.

but if he throws some zeros - could get his ERA below 5