Indians acquire Bruce

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Indians acquire Bruce

Post by Ecbucs »

2E272F3E304A0 wrote: It's going to be an ugly PR day for the Ole Buccos and they deserve everything they're gonna get today.....

That's ridiculous. It's not going to be an ugly PR day.  They Pirates have no need for Bruce today.  Guaranteed this trade wasn't on the table months ago.  Now that the Mets are way out of it, they are willing to trade guys.  They Pirates do not need another 4th outfielder for the remainder of this season.

You're right.  They need Bruce or someone like him in the playoffs, but they have no chance of that anyway.   And Polanco definitely isn't going to be hurt again and miss any time.  No chance of that.

3 games out of 1sf with 47 left to play.   No chance.  No point in trying.   Glad nobody in the NL put a claim in on Bruce

It's crazy but the Pirates can win this division. I like the two additions, but this is no time to be scraping by - I'd love to have Bruce right now, and at that "costs" I wish the Pirates claimed him.   Need an OFer if we make the playoffs.

I don't think I understand anyone that would not be interested in acquiring Bruce.  He would makes this a better team.

SRod will be playing LF if we make the playoffs.   He was the deadline acquisition that cheaply covers several possible needs and serves as insurance.  He meets all of our criteria as an org.

dmetz, you must be Hurdle or NH. You have the criteria down to well to just be a fan.
PMike

Indians acquire Bruce

Post by PMike »

29202839374D0 wrote: It's going to be an ugly PR day for the Ole Buccos and they deserve everything they're gonna get today.....

That's ridiculous. It's not going to be an ugly PR day.  They Pirates have no need for Bruce today.  Guaranteed this trade wasn't on the table months ago.  Now that the Mets are way out of it, they are willing to trade guys.  They Pirates do not need another 4th outfielder for the remainder of this season.

You're right.  They need Bruce or someone like him in the playoffs, but they have no chance of that anyway.   And Polanco definitely isn't going to be hurt again and miss any time.  No chance of that.

3 games out of 1sf with 47 left to play.   No chance.  No point in trying.   Glad nobody in the NL put a claim in on Bruce

The point regarding having Bruce in the playoffs is a fair one.