Cutch dealt to Giants

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by IABucFan »

260001160010630 wrote: Stings, but the right move for the franchise. Harrison and Cervelló need to be moved now, too.

Yeah, It is only the right move if team follows through and tries to build a winner.  As a lot of my posts say I'm skeptical that they are serious about it.

Unless a major leaguer comes back they have saved 20 million in salaries in the past two days.

I know...and I agree. I just keep says big that it’s about the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
notes34

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by notes34 »

That's all folks!!!!
rucker59@gmail.com

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4F6D7E636065626D4E796F6F630C0 wrote: If you had told me in September 2015 that this would be the state of the franchise in January 2018, I would have never, ever believed it.

I actually thought the franchise had turned the corner and was set up for several years of winning, of being either good, very good or great.

Silly me. Naive me. What an idiot..

By the spring of 2016 doubts began creeping in for me. I turned from a defender of the FO to holding their feet to the fire: their promises never lined up with reality.  Never.

When Marte was busted last summer I said “the window is closed”. Little did I know just how utterly closed it would indeed be.

They have an official mess. Move Marte or Polanco as well. Anyone that is not going to help us four years from now need to be moved now.
SCBucco

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by SCBucco »

0D3137312A23352C420 wrote: Not familiar with the Giants farm system, I read their top prospect is an 18 year old rookie league OF. Any indication what is coming back?

Gorkys Hernandez and Mike Morse

Seriously though, Steven Duggar and Sandro Fabian is what I have heard

I don't see them sending Duggar. I can see someone like Austin Slater or Heath Quinn being part of the return. I wonder if we can coax them to get an arm, like Seth Corry. They aren't sending any of their top three or four prospects to us. Their farm system isn't strong and it became weaker when it gave up goods to get Evan Longoria. What exactly is the return for a guy with one more year until free agency and he isn't elite anymore?
SCBucco

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by SCBucco »

4B697A67646166694A7D6B6B67080 wrote: If you had told me in September 2015 that this would be the state of the franchise in January 2018, I would have never, ever believed it.

I actually thought the franchise had turned the corner and was set up for several years of winning, of being either good, very good or great.

Silly me. Naive me. What an idiot.

Pittsburgh had tons of momentum back then. It got to the wild card game three years in a row; went on once, but DIDN'T carry over any momentum by adding pieces to get them over the edge. They went cheap. That second year was a signal to me that they weren't going to take the necessary means to improve to get over the hump. If you don't do it then, you will never do it ... hence these moves. I will assume Harrison is next. The question ... they have saved 18 million plus in these two deals ... where will this be reinvested? Seven Springs?
psuinpgh21

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by psuinpgh21 »

6D7D7C4B5D5D513E0 wrote: Not familiar with the Giants farm system, I read their top prospect is an 18 year old rookie league OF. Any indication what is coming back?

Gorkys Hernandez and Mike Morse

Seriously though, Steven Duggar and Sandro Fabian is what I have heard

I don't see them sending Duggar.  I can see someone like Austin Slater or Heath Quinn being part of the return.  I wonder if we can coax them to get an arm, like Seth Corry.  They aren't sending any of their top three or four prospects to us.  Their farm system isn't strong and it became weaker when it gave up goods to get Evan Longoria.  What exactly is the return for a guy with one more year until free agency and he isn't elite anymore?

I thought Slater when I looked through the Giants org. Hoped for Shaw, of course....
rucker59@gmail.com

Cutch dealt to Giants

4151506771717D120 wrote: If you had told me in September 2015 that this would be the state of the franchise in January 2018, I would have never, ever believed it.

Silly me. Naive me. What an idiot.

Pittsburgh had tons of momentum back then.  It got to the wild card game three years in a row; went on once, but DIDN'T carry over any momentum by adding pieces to get them over the edge.  They went cheap.  That second year was a signal to me that they weren't going to take the necessary means to improve to get over the hump.  If you don't do it then, you will never do it ... hence these moves.  I will assume Harrison is next.  The question ... they have saved 18 million plus in these two deals ... where will this be reinvested?  Seven Springs?

Hearing they will enlarge the pirogi race again. Those outfits cost real money
rucker59@gmail.com

Cutch dealt to Giants

Ever been a worse case of mismanagement in MLB then the Pirates “efforts” since the end of 2015?
Ecbucs

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by Ecbucs »

gotta hope this tweet is not correct:

@BNightengale

[highlight]The #SFGiants won't lose any draft picks, will hang onto their best prospects, and it will cost them just $14.5 million in acquisition of Andrew McCutchen over Lorenzo Cain and other free agent outfielders[/highlight]
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Giants come to town for the first time May 11th (weekend series).