notes34

Breakout Player Prediction

Post by notes34 »

For our sake it better be Moran.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I am going with two players who have to perform for their own future sake:

Polanco in the majors. He has all the tools, he has had one solid year. He should certainly be a .800+ OPS guy.

Meadows in the minors. He needs a healthy year and show he can hit in Triple A. I felt he was projected to hit the majors last year, he certainly can be a call up this year if he is hitting. I would love to see him get 500 at bats this year.
Quail

Post by Quail »

Chad Kuhl. I think by the end of the year he'll be our top starter. He had great control numbers in his minor league career, and last year he surprisingly developed a high 90's fastball. With that new found power pitch and the ability to control the strike zone he's going to be our No. 1.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1F3B2F27224E0 wrote: Chad Kuhl. I think by the end of the year he'll be our top starter. He had great control numbers in his minor league career, and last year he surprisingly developed a high 90's fastball. With that new found power pitch and the ability to control the strike zone he's going to be our No. 1.
That wouldn't surprise me at all.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I might be in the minority but I'm more likely to place Luplow into the "Flash in the Pan" category. Obv I hope I'm wrong.

Breakout? I'm hoping Moran. He's in the right situation for it.

ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

I would like to see Cole Tucker continue to grow and get us excited about our next SS for the next 5 years starting next year.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

083A36362210333A37323D3A5B0 wrote: I might be in the minority but I'm more likely to place Luplow into the "Flash in the Pan" category.  Obv I hope I'm wrong. 

Breakout?  I'm hoping Moran.  He's in the right situation for it.

Why do you think Luplow is a flash in the pan?

He was drafted right where he was projected to go. His pre-draft scouting report was that he wasn't flashy, plus bat, with no weaknesses that would hold him back. He got better in Altoona and then even better in Indy.

He is certainly someone to watch this year.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

527F72636475622221100 wrote: Chad Kuhl. I think by the end of the year he'll be our top starter. He had great control numbers in his minor league career, and last year he surprisingly developed a high 90's fastball. With that new found power pitch and the ability to control the strike zone he's going to be our No. 1.
That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Me either. I really like Kuhl. If his walk rate comes back down he is going to be very good.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

070C04080D0C175254231A020B0C0C4D000C630 wrote: I might be in the minority but I'm more likely to place Luplow into the "Flash in the Pan" category.  Obv I hope I'm wrong. 

Breakout?  I'm hoping Moran.  He's in the right situation for it.

Why do you think Luplow is a flash in the pan?

He was drafted right where he was projected to go.  His pre-draft scouting report was that he wasn't flashy, plus bat, with no weaknesses that would hold him back.  He got better in Altoona and then even better in Indy.   

He is certainly someone to watch this year. 

It just seems like much of the latest hype is based on a hot start of last season. Before that my impression was that people thought he was a bit of a tweener.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

343F373B3E3F246167102931383F3F7E333F500 wrote: I am going with two players who have to perform for their own future sake:

Polanco in the majors.  He has all the tools, he has had one solid year.  He should certainly be a .800+ OPS guy.

Meadows in the minors.  He needs a healthy year and show he can hit in Triple A.  I felt he was projected to hit the majors last year, he certainly can be a call up this year if he is hitting.  I would love to see him get 500 at bats this year.

Me too Dog. More Polanco than Meadows.