It's time to part ways with Freese

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

I'm indifferent with Freese, but one thing this organization lacks is leadership in the clubhouse. He helps provide that.
PMike

Post by PMike »

54444572646468070 wrote: I'm indifferent with Freese, but one thing this organization lacks is leadership in the clubhouse.  He helps provide that.

What does Freese do that provides leadership in the clubhouse?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6D705456583D0 wrote: I'm indifferent with Freese, but one thing this organization lacks is leadership in the clubhouse.  He helps provide that.

What does Freese do that provides leadership in the clubhouse?

He bad mouthed the Ownership and his bosses to the press. Isn't that what leaders do?
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

lol
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I previously have commented on how I hope that the Pirates move Freese because I prefer to see a younger player (Moroff) and also because I would like to free up the cash to sign other players (yes, I know that this latter point is likely considered delusional). That said, if Freese opens the season with the Pirates I will not be too dejected. He likely still has value as a RH semi-platoon option against lefties.

With respect to Moran, I am anxious to see how he plays once the season starts. Same with other regulars such as Dickerson. Hard to put too much stock in spring training (Brad Elder) numbers.

And, even though the Bucs do not look like pennant contenders, they do appear to have any number of players in spring training who may not make the team and who could appear in a major league line-up and be okay players; Moroff, Bentz, Bostick, and Osuna to name a few.

Hey, we may not be the best, but we have as many semi-average players as any team.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I like the veteran presence which Freese brings to the Pirates, but if the Pirates were to trade him they have players like Harrison, S Rod and Moroff who can play third, and Osuna and S Rod can back up Bell at first base. My guess is that Freese will not remain with the Bucs the entire season.
Quail

Post by Quail »

674B43444F685F49592A0 wrote: I previously have commented on how I hope that the Pirates move Freese because I prefer to see a younger player (Moroff) and also because I would like to free up the cash to sign other players (yes, I know that this latter point is likely considered delusional).  That said, if Freese opens the season with the Pirates I will not be too dejected.  He likely still has value as a RH semi-platoon option against lefties.

With respect to Moran, I am anxious to see how he plays once the season starts.  Same with other regulars such as Dickerson.  Hard to put too much stock in spring training (Brad Elder) numbers.      

And, even though the Bucs do not look like pennant contenders, they do appear to have any number of players in spring training who may not make the team and who could appear in a major league line-up and be okay players; Moroff, Bentz, Bostick, and Osuna to name a few.   

Hey, we may not be the best, but we have as many semi-average players as any team. 

Love it!!!!!

Presenting the new marketing slogan for 2018! ;D
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read on MLB Trade Rumors that Justin Turner of Dodgers has a broken wrist. I wonder if the Dodgers might be interested in a veteran third baseman or even one who plays second base and does a good job at third. We may hear some rumors before long.
Leyland1948

Post by Leyland1948 »

Justin Turner of the Dodgers has a broken wrist, might the Dodgers need a replacement until he is back?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

050908535A535B56514E54630 wrote: Just read on MLB Trade Rumors that Justin Turner of Dodgers has a broken wrist. I wonder if the Dodgers might be interested in a veteran third baseman or even one who plays second base and does a good job at third. We may hear some rumors before long.

They do have some veteran infielders already in Logan Forsythe and Chase Utley. It will be interesting to see what the Dodgers do. Wrist injuries can be bad for baseball players.