Pirates@Tigers Season Opener Game Thread 3/30...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

31302B3A2C6C6B5F0 wrote: I would make some changes to the line up. 

I would flip Marte and Harrison for sure.  Marte is a better on-base guy and slugs better.  I would switch Moran and Cervelli.  Having a base runner on first for Moran will open up a hole on the right side and get that runner to third on a single.  That runner being Harrison (or Marte) in the sixth spot.  They also have a chance to go lefty-righty through the heart of the line up.

I disagree with everything you suggest.

Not really, just getting warmed up for the season!  ;) I feel in July form on day 1.

I like the lineup in whatever order.  I think they'll score enough to win.  I don't know that I like Nova.  I think he'll give up enough runs to lose.

Since someone will win, I see the Bucs rolling.

1-0 on the season.

Let's go Bucs!

I wish I had the optimism that you possess on this offense. I think it is going to be well "offensive."
It’s a new season. Anything is possible!
rucker59@gmail.com

545F575B5E5F440107704951585F5F1E535F300 wrote: I would make some changes to the line up. 

I would flip Marte and Harrison for sure.  Marte is a better on-base guy and slugs better.  I would switch Moran and Cervelli.  Having a base runner on first for Moran will open up a hole on the right side and get that runner to third on a single.  That runner being Harrison (or Marte) in the sixth spot.  They also have a chance to go lefty-righty through the heart of the line up.

I disagree with everything you suggest.

Not really, just getting warmed up for the season!  ;) I feel in July form on day 1.

I like the lineup in whatever order.  I think they'll score enough to win.  I don't know that I like Nova.  I think he'll give up enough runs to lose.

Since someone will win, I see the Bucs rolling.

1-0 on the season.

Let's go Bucs!

The Pirates will score enough to win but Nova will give up enough runs to lose.  But you think the Pirates will win?  Makes sense!

Im using logic thus year to predict every game. In the bag.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

Dickerson with the first rbi of the year.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

There is something different about Cervelli this year. His swing looked different to me in Spring Training. His hit today would have probably been a HR in most ballparks. I would love to see a healthy Cervelli this year.
rucker59@gmail.com

Nova now in a groove. The Pirates with some clutch hitting. Marte with good defense. It’s nice to see good baseball even if it’s only half way through game 1.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

373C34383D3C276264132A323B3C3C7D303C530 wrote: There is something different about Cervelli this year.  His swing looked different to me in Spring Training.  His hit today would have probably been a HR in most ballparks.  I would love to see a healthy Cervelli this year.

I read where Cervelli is using SRod's bat and getting swing tips from him. Who'da thunk?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

07002C3B2D4E0 wrote: There is something different about Cervelli this year.  His swing looked different to me in Spring Training.  His hit today would have probably been a HR in most ballparks.  I would love to see a healthy Cervelli this year.

I read where Cervelli is using SRod's bat and getting swing tips from him.  Who'da thunk?

Some are better coaches than actual performers. I am waiting for a game and break down of his swing from season to season.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I am watching on my phone, did Polanco just totally misplay that? It looked like he could have caught it but my small screen doesn't give me the best depth perception.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Feliz is getting squeezed according to the electronic strike zone. I saw that big hit coming against a great hitter.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Yes as to Polanco misplaying the fly. It looked like he just lost the ball. He stopped and turned to look while the ball fell a few feet behind him. A catchable ball if he does't lose it. Bell's error, on the other hand, didn't involve losing sight of the ball at all.

Defense! It's gonna kill them this year.