Twinkies@Bucs Home opener Game Thread 4/2...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

0B03001701010D620 wrote: The bullpen is not good.  They need to find someone they can trust.  Is Hughes out there and available? 

Kyle Crick is going to get a chance soon.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

426465726474070 wrote: The bullpen is not good.  They need to find someone they can trust.  Is Hughes out there and available? 

NOTHING more frustrating than a BP that can’t hold a lead, especially a four run lead.

Neverspellhisnameski does a great job bailing his teammates out.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

5750464E4057101C654248444C490B464A48250 wrote: The bullpen is not good.  They need to find someone they can trust.  Is Hughes out there and available? 

NOTHING more frustrating than a BP that can’t hold a lead, especially a four run lead.

Neverspellhisnameski does a great job bailing his teammates out.

Also pretty frustrating to put up a 5 spot in the 1st and do nothing since.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

Is Rivero available today after being used twice yesterday?
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

4-0 to start the year can’t get much better then that. No law against keeping it gong either right??
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm as shocked as anyone.

But I'm celebrating big-time because we are going to be UNDEFEATED and in 1st place at least through Wednesday night.

48 hours to enjoy it.

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

The way this team has battled these first four games and guys like Polanco, Cervy, Bell, JHay and Dickerson among the everyday players and pretty much the entire starting staff and a few of the BP guys have performed I think that the team MVP should be David Freese and his statement about lack of unity etc in the locker room and on the field has done some good work.

I hope that this team will in some way surprise us with this season and be a bit better than what most of us are expecting.
Quail

Post by Quail »

+ Storybook-perfect first inning for the home opener

+ Taillon dominating

+ Moran power

+ Holding on for the win

- Santana & Smoker

- Our offense after the first inning

We had 'em all the way!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

BP is very shaky. Maybe they'll become more effective when the weather warms up. But Santana, Neverauskas, Smoker and Feliz have been at best inconsistent.
PMike

Post by PMike »

684548595E4F58181B2A0 wrote: BP is very shaky. Maybe they'll become more effective when the weather warms up. But Santana, Neverauskas, Smoker and Feliz have been at best inconsistent.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see this for a big chunk of the season. Feliz looked really bad in the first game and looked really good today. Santana looked dominant the other day and then looked really bad today. I think this will continue with these young guys.