Gameday 5/15

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Gameday 5/15

Post by IABucFan »

5B4B4A7D6B6B67080 wrote: The starting pitching and bullpen have been interesting.  Despite this, a league high seven shutouts.  Bullpen looks pretty good now, absent Kontos.  Starting pitching ... we shall see.  Just when you think they are due to collapse, you get a strong outing.  Don't kid yourself though, Chicago isn't good.  I will take the win.  Rodriguez, the guy on the mound, was a hell of a find.

R-Rod is making Vazquez expendable. Wouldn’t shock me to see him moved in the off-season. He could nab quite a haul in a trade. Rodriguez has been unbelievable.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Gameday 5/15

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5E56556274517679170 wrote: The starting pitching and bullpen have been interesting.  Despite this, a league high seven shutouts.  Bullpen looks pretty good now, absent Kontos.  Starting pitching ... we shall see.  Just when you think they are due to collapse, you get a strong outing.  Don't kid yourself though, Chicago isn't good.  I will take the win.  Rodriguez, the guy on the mound, was a hell of a find.

R-Rod is making Vazquez expendable. Wouldn’t shock me to see him moved in the off-season. He could nab quite a haul in a trade. Rodriguez has been unbelievable.

I'd be really surprised. Vazquez just signed.
notes34

Gameday 5/15

Post by notes34 »

6F646C6065647F3A3C4B726A6364642568640B0 wrote: The starting pitching and bullpen have been interesting.  Despite this, a league high seven shutouts.  Bullpen looks pretty good now, absent Kontos.  Starting pitching ... we shall see.  Just when you think they are due to collapse, you get a strong outing.  Don't kid yourself though, Chicago isn't good.  I will take the win.  Rodriguez, the guy on the mound, was a hell of a find.

I'd be really surprised. Vazquez just signed.
I would say it makes him extremely valuable.
notes34

Gameday 5/15

Post by notes34 »

Another great win, I just hope Cervelli and Marte don't miss much time. That would be a huge blow to this team right now.
SteadyFreddy

Gameday 5/15

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Back in 1st place once again which is never a bad thing. Let’s finish this mini series off today by getting another win and continuing to take advantage and stack wins against these bad teams.
OrlandoMerced

Gameday 5/15

Post by OrlandoMerced »

6B6360574164434C220 wrote: The starting pitching and bullpen have been interesting.  Despite this, a league high seven shutouts.  Bullpen looks pretty good now, absent Kontos.  Starting pitching ... we shall see.  Just when you think they are due to collapse, you get a strong outing.  Don't kid yourself though, Chicago isn't good.  I will take the win.  Rodriguez, the guy on the mound, was a hell of a find.

That's a bit of a stretch there. If Bell and Polanco were to completely flame out this year, then yes, I would look to move Vazquez for a strong hitting prospect to be a lineup fixture.
SammyKhalifa

Gameday 5/15

Post by SammyKhalifa »

665B4548474D46644C5B4A4C4D290 wrote: The starting pitching and bullpen have been interesting.  Despite this, a league high seven shutouts.  Bullpen looks pretty good now, absent Kontos.  Starting pitching ... we shall see.  Just when you think they are due to collapse, you get a strong outing.  Don't kid yourself though, Chicago isn't good.  I will take the win.  Rodriguez, the guy on the mound, was a hell of a find.

That's a bit of a stretch there. If Bell and Polanco were to completely flame out this year, then yes, I would look to move Vazquez for a strong hitting prospect to be a lineup fixture.

Even if not so. If there's an opportunity to trade a solid reliever for a solid every day starter I think I'd do it every time.
Ecbucs

Gameday 5/15

Post by Ecbucs »

7A7271465075525D330 wrote: The starting pitching and bullpen have been interesting.  Despite this, a league high seven shutouts.  Bullpen looks pretty good now, absent Kontos.  Starting pitching ... we shall see.  Just when you think they are due to collapse, you get a strong outing.  Don't kid yourself though, Chicago isn't good.  I will take the win.  Rodriguez, the guy on the mound, was a hell of a find.

I hope R-Rod does pitch well enough to make Vazquez expendable. That doesn't mean I would deal him. R-Rod has only pitched 15 innings for Bucs so it is a little early to count on him.

Who knows, maybe R-Rod, Vazquez, Crick and Feliz can be the new nasty boys.
SCBucco

Gameday 5/15

Post by SCBucco »

6E66655244614649270 wrote: The starting pitching and bullpen have been interesting.  Despite this, a league high seven shutouts.  Bullpen looks pretty good now, absent Kontos.  Starting pitching ... we shall see.  Just when you think they are due to collapse, you get a strong outing.  Don't kid yourself though, Chicago isn't good.  I will take the win.  Rodriguez, the guy on the mound, was a hell of a find.

I wouldn't go that far. Still very small sample size. He has been promising though. RRod needs to keep this up for more than 15.1 innings before I'm calling him as the next guy. I think within two years, Vazquez will be gone - traded for prospects. It's just the way this place works.
SammyKhalifa

Gameday 5/15

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7262635442424E210 wrote: The starting pitching and bullpen have been interesting.  Despite this, a league high seven shutouts.  Bullpen looks pretty good now, absent Kontos.  Starting pitching ... we shall see.  Just when you think they are due to collapse, you get a strong outing.  Don't kid yourself though, Chicago isn't good.  I will take the win.  Rodriguez, the guy on the mound, was a hell of a find.

I wouldn't go that far.  Still very small sample size.  He has been promising though. RRod needs to keep this up for more than 15.1 innings before I'm calling him as the next guy.  I think within two years, Vazquez will be gone - traded for prospects.  It's just the way this place works. 

to be fair it's not exactly like we have any reason to ding the organization's constant turning over of closers