5/27 Game Thread Cards@Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

FANTASTIC at bat for Frazier! 12 pitch AB, triple, 2 RBIs.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Meadows adds a sac fly 4-1 Bucs now. Absolutely positively need to win this game today now. Memo to Hurdle if Taillon continues to roll in this game leave him in. He has only thrown 58 pitches so far through 5 innings no reason to take him out anytime soon.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7C5B4A4E4B56695D4A4B4B562F0 wrote: Why was Cervelli scratched?

Moran ties it up. 1-1.
He had flu like symptoms they said right before the game. Meanwhile, two more hits for Meadows today and 2 more strikeouts for Polanco today. He is slowly but surely on his way to his average dipping below .200.
Maybe that's what it will take to wake Hurdle up.

This is looking like a game today where one more run might be the difference in winning this game and both JHay and Dickerson two of your better contact hitters who both put the ball in play and don’t strikeout aren’t playing. Instead we got to see Polanco strikeout looking in two at-bats instead and contribute nothing so far.  If I’m Hurdle which I’m sure he won’t do I’m batting Dickerson for Polanco next time he is up if there is a man in scoring position and this game is still tied.

It's 4-1 Pirates.

Taillon and the bullpen need to close this out.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

082F3E3A3F221D293E3F3F225B0 wrote: Frazier 2nd

Cervelli C

Marte CF

Bell 1st

Moran 3rd

Meadows LF

Polanco RF

Mercer SS

Taillon P

Not a fan of giving both JHay and Dickerson the day off today when you have lost 6 of your last 9 and this is a game you need to win today within the division where every game matters. Maybe it will work out today but I don’t agree with Hurdle doing this. You just had a day off Monday and have had a lot of days off the last 2-3 weeks,and JHay has been off for 5 weeks he doesn’t need a day off yet he just doesn’t I don’t care what anybody says. Meanwhile, Polanco continues to suck and play everyday.
So far it's working out but to sit Dickerson and play Polanco again is ridiculous.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Taillon gets a huge inning ending Double play by Ozuna to get out of that mess and keep it a 4-1 game.
rucker59@gmail.com

YEAH! Jamison works the DP out of the 6th inning jam!!

Still 4-1 good guys!
rucker59@gmail.com

The bottom of the 5th - tremendous AB against a great pitcher nets 2 RBIs + another run on the SF

Top of the 6th - Tallion works out of a mess looks like a great pitcher

That is some really good baseball!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Polanco 0 for 3 weakly pops out to the catcher in his 3rd at bat. Hopefully this is the last time we see Polanco in the lineup possibly for the next week or so. You can’t justify playing him over Meadows,Dickerson or Marte at this point. Let him sit and watch for awhile.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

No lefty up to face Carpenter?
rucker59@gmail.com

If the bullpen blows this game....

>:(

Actually - Feliz is solely responsible.