6/12 game thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

6/12 game thread

Post by BenM »

Well, at least I won't have to stay up late tonight.
SCBucco

6/12 game thread

Post by SCBucco »

7A5D5675380 wrote: Well, at least I won't have to stay up late tonight.

And with that, I have turned the game off. At what point will people (players, managers and GMs be held accountable?
JollyRoger

6/12 game thread

Post by JollyRoger »

Need to sit Bell. He is killing this team with his defense. 2 more Little League throwing errors. Embarrassing!

Only reason to tune in now is the Randi Hoffman commercials
notes34

6/12 game thread

Post by notes34 »

I turned it off as soon as Bell made the 1st error. They may still lose 100 games.
CarolinaBucco

6/12 game thread

Post by CarolinaBucco »

At least we know our trusty bullpen can hold them to 6 runs while we scratch our way back into the game.
CarolinaBucco

6/12 game thread

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I predicted 63-99 and I'm starting to feel very confident that I can defend my championship.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

6/12 game thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5 unearned runs in the first inning.

Luckily, it's early in the game. Probably some Glasnow soon.
Ecbucs

6/12 game thread

Post by Ecbucs »

Latest news story on mlb.com Pirates page is Pirates hope retaliation energizes clubhouse:

https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/pirate ... -280964460

That hasn't happened. The saying is when the going gets tough the tough get going.

Can't say that about this Pirate team, they just roll over.

Were all fired about Cubs running into Diaz and folded. Retaliate last night, blow game and then give up 6 in first tonight.

I would bet dimes to donuts that we can go to bed in fifth inning and Pirates will not come back.

I feel like it is the dead team walking point of the season.

Very discouraging point in the season.
rucker59@gmail.com

6/12 game thread

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

6878794E5858543B0 wrote: I believe there's only one team in all of baseball right now that would willingly choose to start a RF with an OPS of .725 over a RF with an OPS of 1.027.

If the objective is TRYING TO WIN, you cannot make any sane argument for benching Meadows in favor of Polanco.

It's just an idiotic idea. And there's no way you can convince me Meadows needs the rest.

If Meadows were doing this for ANY OTHER TEAM in baseball, he would be starting, at a minimum, 9 out of every 10 games.
Agreed. Between NH and CH, this is is an absolutely horribly run team.

It certainly does raise a question about the objectives the FO has for this team.  I’m back to where I was in the middle of winter: this is a team without an identity or clear goal. It’s half way between rebuilding and trying to content. They can’t even rebuild well.

Im beginning to feel like this is a good team screwed up by the management which can’t decide on team objectives.  Meadows sitting tonight makes no sense, whether rebuilding or trying to contend. 

You have some good pieces.  That doesn't mean this is a good team screwed up by management.  Management really didn't do much to help this roster to begin with.  This team is flawed.  The manager is flawed and the objectives are flawed.

Well I guess I’m going to have to question whether we actually have any good pieces. My gosh, amature hour in process. And the idea that our rotation is actually pretty decent - forget it. Williams is looking more and more like a very average pitcher.

What a melt down.
RichD

6/12 game thread

Post by RichD »

I LOVE IT … Back to the mid eighties...I will get my Baseball America/ USA Today newspapers on Friday and see If any help is on the way. ::)