Our GM

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Our GM

Post by Ecbucs »

0D202D3C3B2A3D7D7E4F0 wrote: "we would love nothing more than to get this club on track. To get the club for the 8th consecutive season, in a position to add in July." - Neal Huntington

1)  it's a lie....

This is what’s crawling around in my gut since the end of the 2015 season. By the time 2016 started I had gone from an out right  apologist for the organization to being  ballistic with my anger.  I posted loud and often about how much the lying angered me. How the lying showed a total lack of veracity for the FO and a compete “finger” to the fans.  And the lying would have consequences beyond their ability to manage.

And the lying has in fact literally KILLED this organization. It’s been 2 1/2 years.  Today, I think the organization is actually in worse shape then when TBMTIB rode into town. 

The lying.  This is the consequence I could only imagine 2 1/2 years ago. I hate the lying 100 times worse then the  incompetence that is also at work within the Organization. 

This FO gave 2.5M fans the collective “finger” 2 1/2 years ago.  That legacy is bigger then any success they managed for 3 seasons. 
I think that if they had a legit owner and GM, they would be light years ahead of the org Nutting and NH inherited from McClatchey and Littlfield. The previous regime was so utterly incompetent they couldn't get out of their own way. The current regime proved they had the ability to make the team competitive. But having done so, they lost all interest because it was going to cost more than Nutting wanted to pay to sustain or improve the talent level. So we are left with a regime that essentially says that regardless of talent, they have no interest in being relevant if it will cost more than a minimal amount.

We used to think the reason they always failed was because Littlefield couldn't identify talent and if that could be corrected, there was reason for hope. But now we know that there is no hope regardless of talent because the current regime refuses to stray from their comfort level of the bottom 5 of payroll.

and this is where the lying comes in and turns off fans. Rather than just trying not to answer questions about competing they give fans a song and dance about "when the time is right", "no such thing as a rebuild" etc. Soon they are going to get to the stage where it is hard to give away tickets.
dmetz

Our GM

Post by dmetz »

Littlefield was here from 2001 to 2007:

He identified some talent really.  NH's talent record is far from clearly better, his drafting is probably worse considering his awesome draft positions VS DLs.   Cutch and Brian Giles were superstars. He turned 2 years of Giles for Jason Bay while NH subsequently turned 1.5 years of Bay for a pile of dog ****.

Also,  Marte was drafted under DL's Tenure, although he shouldn't be credited for that since he had nothing to do with it.

Once NH is finally fired, he will be held in pretty low esteem.  His trades and drafts are  not good.

Our Dominican presence was loudly proclaimed and many millions spent there.  For us,  it's basically resulted in Marte 8 years later.   Who am I missing that's good?  Who is in the pipe now that looks legit (that we drafted from Domincan?)

BTW Marte was signed under DL's tenure too. January of 2007, signed for $85k.  So he's not really a result of NH or the Dominican investment either.

dmetz

Our GM

Post by dmetz »

Something else NH said that I find amusing (irritating)>   

Regarding Happ, he said there was criticism the Pirates didn't resign him.  He said the "org certainly wished they would have had an opportunity to match any offer, as they were promised."  Paraphrase.

He's doing pressers defending his actions by bringing up events 3 seasons ago and blaming the agent for not allowing them to match an offer.

Ecbucs

Our GM

Post by Ecbucs »

070E061719630 wrote: Something else NH said that I find amusing (irritating)>   

Regarding Happ, he said there was criticism the Pirates didn't resign him.  He said the "org certainly wished they would have had an opportunity to match any offer, as they were promised."  Paraphrase.

He's doing pressers defending his actions by bringing up events 3 seasons ago and blaming the agent for not allowing them to match an offer.   

yeah and matching doesn't always get a deal done. Notice Neal didn't say give the team a chance to top the offer.