Season On The Brink: Series Win Against Mets Tonight?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Dmetz, I specifically stated:"I am not talking about possibly contending versus not contending". So I know you weren't referring to my comment!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

11362723263B04302726263B420 wrote: An off day coming up tomorrow I wonder who Clint will rest tonight and what his excuse will be for not using a certain guy to pinch hit for Rodriguez. Maybe he can use the ridiculous 17 inning excuse for resting Mercer that he did the other day which was utterly absurd. That above anything else proves Hurdle’s first priority is not winning games it’s resting guys.
That was the most bizarre of all! Mercer hadn't played on Wednesday due to the rainout. He only played 6 innings on Thursday. After playing Friday and Saturday, it was imperative that he rest Sunday and not even enter in the 8th. Hurdle's insane reasoning was that if he replaced S-Rod with the better player, there was danger of erasing the 3-run deficit and forcing extra innings in an attempt to win. And that wasn't acceptable because it could force Mercer to play 9 innings if it went 17 (even if it meant winning). Hurdle is a babbling fool. If he had managed Cal Ripken, Cal may have set the record for most games sitting out.   
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

7B464B4C5B5D461B1811290 wrote: Dmetz, I specifically stated:"I am not talking about possibly contending versus not contending". So I know you weren't referring to my comment!

No no, it was just a general comment. I still do here and read about contending here and there.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bucs down 3-1 in the 9th score 4 runs to take a 5-3 lead. We talked today how critical it was the Pirates win this game to avoid losing a series to a team as pathetic as the Mets.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Watched Netflix tonite and checked the score on phone. Saw down 3-0. After show turned the game on and saw the top of the 9th where they scored 1 run and then hung around for the big 9th and Vazquez batting and then closing it out easily in the bottom of the ninth. Just like the battlin' Bucs of 1960. Some 9th inning lightning huh Bobster. Love it.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Mets have to be depressed. Glad (but shocked) that Bucs got a win.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Wow! The Bucs prevail! Great win!
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Wow! The Bucs prevail! Great win!
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Season has turned around. We're right back in this thing!

;D
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

This could be the beginning of a 12 game winning streak! Joking. Polanco is starting to hit.