Showtime in Hollywood

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Showtime in Hollywood

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I’ve got a feeling Anderson will not forget Hurdle leaving him on an island this game. In a night of embarrassment, there was no excuse leaving the “kid” in to be embarrassed.

Then if it had not been for the broadcast team and Robbie, no one would have even grabbed the ball for Anderson’s first strike out.

The whole night represents a dead team that has no pride, no leadership from management and no accountability.
rucker59@gmail.com

Showtime in Hollywood

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

“And the Dodgers now lead by 15!”

Greg Brown

I’m sure Brault loved how Moran just stood at 3rd waiting for a slow roller.

“Dickerson is still playing hard”

The Rock commenting on the hustle of Cory.

DemDog

Showtime in Hollywood

Post by DemDog »

A ray of joy in Buccoville tonight.

Black Bears defeat Muckdogs 3-1

By the way our team is the West Virginia Black Bears of Morgantown WV. Bucs Short-Season Low A team.
CarolinaBucco

Showtime in Hollywood

Post by CarolinaBucco »

And the sad thing is ... is there any reason to believe tonight is going to be any different vs. Kershaw?

We'll score 0 or maybe 1.

And we'll be lucky to hold the Dodgers under 10.

Fun times in LA ...

This team is ROTTEN.
Quail

Showtime in Hollywood

Post by Quail »

75545C755E56310 wrote: A ray of joy in Buccoville tonight. 

Black Bears defeat Muckdogs 3-1

By the way our team is the West Virginia Black Bears of Morgantown WV.  Bucs Short-Season Low A team.

Cool! Hearing that our Black Bears Beat the team with the worst name in sports (Muckdogs??? really? Yuckdogs!!) is a balm and a salve to my wounded Pirate fan soul.
SteadyFreddy

Showtime in Hollywood

Post by SteadyFreddy »

That might be the low point for the Pirates in this stretch of 27 losses in 41 games. Clint Hurdle as usual after the game wasn’t too phased of upset about it he smile and told reporters “I’m

Just gonna go home take care of some business after this one and answer your questions.” Way to be a little bit upset Clint after totally getting embarrassed and humiliated.”  I don’t expect Hurdle to throw a fit or lose his mind but the first thing I don’t want to see out of Clint nor do any other Pirates fans when he does his postgame press conference is him smiling after he lost 17-1 that’s extremely annoying. And Clint can keep getting annoyed at reporters and answering questions like a smart ass night in and night out after these losses but I don’t have any sympathy for him. He signed the 4 year contract and agreed to manage this mess. So he knew what he was getting into and needs to start taking a little more responsibility for things on the field instead of getting irritated at reporters doing their job. So he needs to start getting used to people getting on his nerves and complaining to him after these losses because it’s not gonna stop anytime soon and much like the horrific attendance it’s only going to get worse.
SCBucco

Showtime in Hollywood

Post by SCBucco »

47607175706D52667170706D140 wrote: That might be the low point for the Pirates in this stretch of 27 losses in 41 games. Clint Hurdle as usual after the game wasn’t too phased of upset about it he smile and told reporters “I’m

Just gonna go home take care of some business after this one and answer your questions.” Way to be a little bit upset Clint after totally getting embarrassed and humiliated.”  I don’t expect Hurdle to throw a fit or lose his mind but the first thing I don’t want to see out of Clint nor do any other Pirates fans when he does his postgame press conference is him smiling after he lost 17-1 that’s extremely annoying. And Clint can keep getting annoyed at reporters and answering questions like a smart ass night in and night out after these losses but I don’t have any sympathy for him. He signed the 4 year contract and agreed to manage this mess. So he knew what he was getting into and needs to start taking a little more responsibility for things on the field instead of getting irritated at reporters doing their job. So he needs to start getting used to people getting on his nerves and complaining to him after these losses because it’s not gonna stop anytime soon and much like the horrific attendance it’s only going to get worse.

Maybe Clint knows the deficiencies he is working with and being upset won't change that fact? That game was a blast to watch (sarcasm). Always nice to lose 17-1.
Bobster21

Showtime in Hollywood

Post by Bobster21 »

1B3C2D292C310E3A2D2C2C31480 wrote: That might be the low point for the Pirates in this stretch of 27 losses in 41 games. Clint Hurdle as usual after the game wasn’t too phased of upset about it he smile and told reporters “I’m

Hurdle's attitude makes sense if you look at it in this perspective: He understands Nutting's priorities and knows he doesn't have a competitive roister. He knew that when he signed for 4 more years and was happy to have job security. He knows that NH has to sell the idea to the public that things are not bad and that the team is ready to turn the corner. Hurdle knows he can't act like the sky is falling. He gets tired of the questions because he has to be careful with his answers to continually act like things are better than they are. He knows he doesn't have a team going to the post season so he doesn't always play his best lineup. He likes to give everyone plenty of rest and make sure everyone gets to play because his team, regardless of what they want the public perception to be, isn't really going anywhere anyway. I've always thought that on Hurdle's best day, he's an average MLB manager. But now he seems to be below average but I think that's because he's managing a team he knows has no chance while TBMTIB is trying to sell the idea to the fans that the team is better than it is. If they had just come out at the beginning of the year and said they were rebuilding and they were trusting Hurdle to develop these players, his actions wouldn't look so bad.
SCBucco

Showtime in Hollywood

Post by SCBucco »

2225333B3522656910373D31393C7E333F3D500 wrote: I’ve got a feeling Anderson will not forget Hurdle leaving him on an island this game.  In a night of embarrassment, there was no excuse leaving the “kid” in to be embarrassed. 

Then if it had not been for the broadcast team and Robbie, no one would have even grabbed the ball for Anderson’s first strike out. 

The whole night represents a dead team that has no pride, no leadership from management and no accountability.

Agree
SCBucco

Showtime in Hollywood

Post by SCBucco »

694449585F4E59191A2B0 wrote: That might be the low point for the Pirates in this stretch of 27 losses in 41 games. Clint Hurdle as usual after the game wasn’t too phased of upset about it he smile and told reporters “I’m

Hurdle's attitude makes sense if you look at it in this perspective: He understands Nutting's priorities and knows he doesn't have a competitive roister. He knew that when he signed for 4 more years and was happy to have job security. He knows that NH has to sell the idea to the public that things are not bad and that the team is ready to turn the corner. Hurdle knows he can't act like the sky is falling. He gets tired of the questions because he has to be careful with his answers to continually act like things are better than they are. He knows he doesn't have a team going to the post season so he doesn't always play his best lineup. He likes to give everyone plenty of rest and make sure everyone gets to play because his team, regardless of what they want the public perception to be, isn't really going anywhere anyway. I've always thought that on Hurdle's best day, he's an average MLB manager. But now he seems to be below average but I think that's because he's managing a team he knows has no chance while TBMTIB is trying to sell the idea to the fans that the team is better than it is. If they had just come out at the beginning of the year and said they were rebuilding and they were trusting Hurdle to develop these players, his actions wouldn't look so bad.

we are on the same page 100% on this topic.