Last night 17-1; Tonight Kershaw

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

Post by INbuc »

4C616C7D7A6B7C3C3F0E0 wrote: Looking at the bright side, they held the Dodgers to fewer than 7 HRs.  :)

The Dodgers had more HRs (6) than the Pirates had hits (5). Two Pirates (Diaz, Freese) actually managed to get hits. And Neverauskas lowered his ERA to 9.69. And Nova set a Pirate franchise record by yielding 5 HRs in a single game. Go Buccos!!!

Finding bright spots these days with this organization is about as hard as finding a pay phone booth.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Diaz had a nice game defensively and he keeps hitting with authority.

notes34

Post by notes34 »

2C252D3C32480 wrote: Diaz had a nice game defensively and he keeps hitting with authority.

Yes, I am convinced Diaz>Cervelli. I just don't know if there would be a market for him? I would certainly be trying to move him ASAP.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

7671676F6176313D446369656D682A676B69040 wrote: Make that 5 HRs for nova.

And Nevernevername gives up another. 

8-2.

I really don't understand why the Lithuanian is back and pitching in the minors. Forget, now, I do ... more important to get their names out there for spreading baseball opportunities to India, South Africa and Lithuanian players.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

20213A2B3D7D7A4E0 wrote: Diaz had a nice game defensively and he keeps hitting with authority.

Yes, I am convinced Diaz>Cervelli. I just don't know if there would be a market for him? I would certainly be trying to move him ASAP.

Cervelli is probably our All-Star candidate, but he might be hard to move due to his fragility issues.  Should have tried to move him earlier like Nova.

I too think Diaz is better than Cervelli. Said it at the beginning of the year too.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I just don't see how our front office can continue to try to move forward year to year with this group of starting pitchers.

THEY. ARE. NOT. GOOD.

They are the definition of "mediocrity."

I guess if you're happy with a collection of 6-7 pitchers all of whom could be a decent No. 5 starter for a contending team, then this is the group for you.

But if you put them all together on the same team, it adds up to 67-95, or something in that range.

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'll say it again ... Neverauskas should Neverpitchagain for the Pirates.

HE IS TERRIBLE.

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Well, 17-1 one night; 8-3 the next. Big time improvement. I kid. That was one embarrassing two games and now Clay Holmes gets his shot at the Dodgers.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

I didn't watch the entire game but watched enough to see it was over early. It is shocking to watch these guys (Dodgers) go up hitter after hitter swinging from there heels (I thought several were going to hurt themselves) and I didn't see any pitches high and tight or way in on their hands. This coaching staff is so inept. This Taylor guy was screwing himself in the ground he was swing so hard. When your swing like that you've got to go in on them and there is no way they can get the head of the bat on the ball. Hurdle and the gang look in awe of the Dodgers. Come on man up and compete can't believe what I'm seeing.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

654754494A4F48476453454549260 wrote: I just don't see how our front office can continue to try to move forward year to year with this group of starting pitchers.

THEY. ARE. NOT. GOOD.

They are the definition of "mediocrity."

I guess if you're happy with a collection of 6-7 pitchers all of whom could be a decent No. 5 starter for a contending team, then this is the group for you.

But if you put them all together on the same team, it adds up to 67-95, or something in that range.

when you have a great offense and can just outbash the opponent you don't need good starting pitchers. 

This would have been a close game if the Dodgers wouldn't have hit home runs.

Nevermind, I forgot the Pirates aren't built to bash either.

The team is not built to be a winner

doesn't have a great offense

doesn't have great (even good pitching)

doesn't have a good defense

The plan to win is ?????