7/9 vs Nationals

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

7/9 vs Nationals

Post by Bobster21 »

Looks like another one of those rough Vazquez outings.
Bobster21

7/9 vs Nationals

Post by Bobster21 »

Whew! 6-3 final!
Ecbucs

7/9 vs Nationals

Post by Ecbucs »

nice win, I was sweating in the top of the ninth.

14073 in attendance.

INbuc

7/9 vs Nationals

Post by INbuc »

After a pretty crappy week, that was a pretty good win. Polanco crushed a few, the pen fared well, Cervelli was involved in a couple zany calls behind the plate, and Nova leaked a little oil late but did ok overall. Keep the wheel spinning.
CarolinaBucco

7/9 vs Nationals

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Good win.

If we can finish 9-0 heading into the All-Star break (yeah, right) that will make us 49-48 and I'll feel pretty good about this team again.

Point is, we need to win a LOT of games in a row to begin making up for the embarrassing 14-31 stretch that we just lived through.
mouse

7/9 vs Nationals

Post by mouse »

Let's just hope we're done living through it. Playing Freese and Moroff helps.
JollyRoger

7/9 vs Nationals

Post by JollyRoger »

597F7E697F6F1C0 wrote: nice win, I was sweating in the top of the ninth. 

14073 in attendance.

Tuned into the Nats broadcast in the 9th inning. One of their broadcasters said the fans are going crazy to which the other broadcaster replied “only if you are in a library”

I had to laugh at that one!
notes34

7/9 vs Nationals

Post by notes34 »

3F363E2F215B0 wrote: Polanco is ripping the ball.   Freese is >> Bell any game.  Marte is very good.  +1 Moroff at SS, drive one somewhere Max. 

We're going to win 2 in a row
I have not watched recently. Is this just another hot streak or has something finally changed mechanically? Is it the change he made in his placement in the box? I really want to be wrong about Polanco, this team needs him to hit.
dmetz

7/9 vs Nationals

Post by dmetz »

36372C3D2B6B6C580 wrote: Polanco is ripping the ball.   Freese is >> Bell any game.  Marte is very good.  +1 Moroff at SS, drive one somewhere Max. 

We're going to win 2 in a row
I have not watched recently. Is this just another hot streak or has something finally changed mechanically? Is it the change he made in his placement in the box? I really want to be wrong about Polanco, this team needs him to hit.

Don't know.  I don't personally believe backing away from the plate is what is making him hit. He's been hotter than this before and been in the league a long while now, so pitchers have known his book for years.  He's a feared hitter when he's like this. So was Pedro when he was streaking.  

He's hot.  He needs to play everyday.  Every SINGLE day and maximize this streak for as long as it lasts.  Hopefully when this does stop, he can get back on it in a week or two instead of in 1.5 months!   
CarolinaBucco

7/9 vs Nationals

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Unfortunatley that's not the way the Pirates operate. The need for REST trumps any trival on-the-field matters, such as being red-hot, and needing to win.

Polanco is probably scheduled for a day off tomorrow. He will need to get plenty of rest so that he'll be fully refreshed for next week when he gets 4 days off.