The season on the line: Pirates v Redlegs, Saturday

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2-run seeing eye single for Kingham vs drawn in infield. Luckily the ball wasn't fielded because Mercer went from 2B to 3B but Bell was staying at 3B until the ball got through.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Kingham, who has a season pass for the Pittsburgh to Indy shuttle, now leads Pirate pitchers with 4 RBIs.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

I have liked Nick since his arrival. I really didn't understand his back and forth to Indy. I would have preferred to see him more. He looks like he could be a keeper.

Good on Dickerson for another good game.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

7F737A77603C667B7F7D667A6B202252757F120 wrote: Dickerson with 2 HRs tonight and 4 in the last 3 games!

Let's trade him!

I know you’re joking, but is Neal ever sitting on a hot seat. He got some outfielders whose values are surely rising quickly. Or does he have, finally, the Best OF in baseball to build around?

40 HRs between the 3, and a bunch of them over the past month. Could definitely hit 80 this year. 90 next year.

Add Bell who’s looking better, Diaz, Moran, and maybe Kang next year and Neal finally has potentially an elite core. But the OF won’t be Pirate Cheap next year.

Does Neal build around this team, or trade pieces???
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

3C3B2D252B3C7B770E29232F2722602D21234E0 wrote: Dickerson with 2 HRs tonight and 4 in the last 3 games!

Let's trade him!

I know you’re joking, but is Neal ever sitting on a hot seat. He got some outfielders whose values are surely rising quickly.  Or does he have, finally, the Best OF in baseball to build around?

40 HRs between the 3, and a bunch of them over the past month. Could definitely hit 80 this year.  90 next year. 

Add Bell who’s looking better, Diaz, Moran, and maybe Kang next year and Neal finally has potentially an elite core. But the OF won’t be Pirate Cheap next year.

I watched highlights of last night's game. Looked like Polanco made a nice catch to prevent a home run. Hate to say that when the play started I thought he was going to miss it.

Nh needs to make moves that improve the team for 2019. Dealing Harrison, Mercer, Nova and maybe Cervelli should not be a big loss for 2019 but may bring people back who may help in future (although probably not in 2019).

Getting prospects back would create depth which could allow for a bigger deal to fill a gap in the off season.

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Man I don't know what to do about the outfield.

Dickerson is good.

Marte is good.

Polanco can be good. And he has the most power potential.

Meadows is an elite prospect.

I'm not going to be happy if Neal moves any of these guys for the standard Neal return ... which means 3-4 middling prospects and/or MLB mediocrity.

Instead, let's do something radical and actually try to WIN.

Let's keep the current core and ADD pitching. This team could really benefit from a legitimate veteran starter. Obviously they're not going to go out and get a Cy Young candidate at this point, but I'd love to see Neal make a move to get a solid starter.

Let's try to WIN instead of doing the Pirate thing and trading away our good players.
rucker59@gmail.com

7D5B5A4D5B4B380 wrote: Dickerson with 2 HRs tonight and 4 in the last 3 games!

Let's trade him!

I know you’re joking, but is Neal ever sitting on a hot seat. He got some outfielders whose values are surely rising quickly.  Or does he have, finally, the Best OF in baseball to build around?

40 HRs between the 3, and a bunch of them over the past month. Could definitely hit 80 this year.  90 next year. 

I watched highlights of last night's game.  Looked like Polanco made a nice catch to prevent a home run.  Hate to say that when the play started I thought he was going to miss it. 

Nh needs to make moves that improve the team for 2019.  Dealing Harrison, Mercer, Nova and maybe Cervelli should not be a big loss for 2019 but may bring people back who may help in future (although probably not in 2019).

Getting prospects back would create depth which could allow for a bigger deal to fill a gap in the off season.

Yeah. I’d agree on the guys you name (although im a big JHay fan). But I’m seeing possibilities for 2019-2021 that include this OF.

So, I’d add Meadows to the trade list.
rucker59@gmail.com

587A69747772757A596E7878741B0 wrote: Man I don't know what to do about the outfield.

Dickerson is good.

Marte is good.

I'm not going to be happy if Neal moves any of these guys for the standard Neal return ... which means 3-4 middling prospects and/or MLB mediocrity.

Let's keep the current core and ADD pitching. This team could really benefit from a legitimate veteran starter. Obviously they're not going to go out and get a Cy Young candidate at this point, but I'd love to see Neal make a move to get a solid starter.

Let's try to WIN instead of doing the Pirate thing and trading away our good players.

I’m seeing plenty enough - I agree. And I’m thinking through about 2021.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

595E48404E591E126B4C464A4247054844462B0 wrote: Man I don't know what to do about the outfield.

Dickerson is good.

Marte is good.

I’m seeing plenty enough - I agree.  And I’m thinking through about 2021. 

the question I have is whether the Bucs are willing to keep Dickerson past next season. If not, then this offseason (if not now) is time to deal him. He looks like he has figured things out. earlier in season he showed he could cut down on his strikeouts and raise his average. Now he is adding power back. If the team thinks this is the real player going forward he shouldn't be dealt unless it is for a very good return.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

436564736575060 wrote: Dickerson with 2 HRs tonight and 4 in the last 3 games!

Let's trade him!

I watched highlights of last night's game.  Looked like Polanco made a nice catch to prevent a home run.  Hate to say that when the play started I thought he was going to miss it. 

Nh needs to make moves that improve the team for 2019.  Dealing Harrison, Mercer, Nova and maybe Cervelli should not be a big loss for 2019 but may bring people back who may help in future (although probably not in 2019).

Francisco is going to be very hard to move based on what he is owed in 2019 and his fragility issues. I truly don't think any of those names get you back a quality prospect. Maybe Nova is your best chance since pitching is at a premium. Maybe the Yanks will bite on that file.