Kingham, Cumpton, Sadler ect.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

One pitcher who I think will contribute to the Pirates this year is Kingham. I expect him to be ready to join the Pirates in August and to provide serviceable innings; ERA in the high 3 low 4 range.

I believe he could give a lift when pitchers like Kuhl and Tallion may need to miss a start or two to remain fresh. Remember, if it had not been for his surgery, Kingham would have been in Pittsburgh and starting rather than Brault or Williams.
RichD

Post by RichD »

I curious about Duncan . Dude came from nowhere.Can he put together another solid AAA season . And if he can, the bucs could have a nice solid trade chip if need be.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

Williams was solid if unspectacular in AAA last year. But it didn't translate when he got to 12 innings late in the year with the Bucs. I'd imagine he is AAA insurance along with Duncan. Both 24, their AAA numbers over 20 starts were pretty close including a WHIP of 1.205 for both. It would be nice of one of the two could find the right combination of pitches to translate into something beyond AAAA stuff.

From the main 3, I'll take Kingham. I think we'll see him by July.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

49687D744C756E7D68791C0 wrote: Williams was solid if unspectacular in AAA last year. But it didn't translate when he got to 12 innings late in the year with the Bucs. I'd imagine he is AAA insurance along with Duncan. Both 24, their AAA numbers over 20 starts were pretty close including a WHIP of 1.205 for both. It would be nice of one of the two could find the right combination of pitches to translate into something beyond AAAA stuff.

From the main 3, I'll take Kingham. I think we'll see him by July.

I wonder if Duncan could turn into a Kevin Correia type player. Don't know how their stuff compares.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

good to see Sadler in the box score today.

had a clean inning with a K

anyone see any news on Cumpton?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Duncan was traded for Gosselin.

I think Kingham has the best chance. I liked Cumpton too, but not sure what his status is for the upcoming season.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I think I saw that Cumpton was a year behind Kingham. He had some second problem - a shoulder issue, maybe. But regardless, Kingham was the much higher regarded prospect of the two. Cumpton was more a soft-tossing control pitcher.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Kingham was amongst the first cuts. He is headed to Indy. Huntington said he has a very good chance to help the Pirates later in the year. (Post Gazette)
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I would expect some additional cuts either tomorrow or Tuesday since Polanco and Marte will be returning to camp. Guys like Meadows, Ortiz and a couple more pitchers will probably get optioned or assigned.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

555958030A030B06011E04330 wrote: I would expect some additional cuts either tomorrow or Tuesday since Polanco and Marte will be returning to camp. Guys like Meadows, Ortiz and a couple more pitchers will probably get optioned or assigned.

And Mel Rojas, Jr. he was more or less a flower pot for DR during the WBC.