Mets at Pirates: Annual Trek to Pittsburgh

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Wednesday is a travel day.Taking off from Schenectady at 8 am. with 3 budfies. Hope to be in Pittsburgh by about 43o pm. Check into Renaissance Hotel and thinking about dinner at the Penn Brewery.Will listen to Bucs game as we drive 488 miles, as Bucs go for 12th straight win. The team is looking great as we get ready for 4 game series with Mets. You can get some unbelievable deals on hotels on Priceline. Thursday, aiming for breakfast at Pamela's Diner and a noontime jaunt to Honus Wagner Museum in Carnegie. Then some beers, brats and batting practice and the game! Keep you posted.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

who knew at the time you booked what a big series this would be?
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Just arrived. Room with a view

of Clemente Bridge and PNC Park. And though the streak is over, looking to take 3 out of 4 from the Mets. Keep winning series! And I had no idea that this would be a meaningful series when I booked it! Off to dinner in an hour or so at the Penn Brewery.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

My thanks as well. I was going to try the Clemente Museum as I saw a piece on it. But VA, Kickback sounds so great. I loved pinball in its heyday. Cool it is making a comeback.

I also wanted to paddle a kayak out on the river. I hope they are still there near PNC.

Totally psyched! Faith night on Friday and I have faith we are going to keep playing well. Then fireworks on Saturday which will make my wife happy.

Gotta visit my brick near the Honus Wagner statue!
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

0B2A3F360E372C3F2A3B5E0 wrote: My thanks as well. I was going to try the Clemente Museum as I saw a piece on it. But VA, Kickback sounds so great. I loved pinball in its heyday. Cool it is making a comeback.

I also wanted to paddle a kayak out on the river. I hope they are still there near PNC.

Totally psyched! Faith night on Friday and I have faith we are going to keep playing well. Then fireworks on Saturday which will make my wife happy.

Gotta visit my brick near the Honus Wagner statue!

Penn Brewery is good!

Yeah, check out Kickback if you use to enjoy pinball. I have a blast there. BTW, there is a great and very authentic French bakery about 2 or 3 blocks further. La Gourmandine. Impress your wife: buy some bread, a couple small desserts, cheese from the Strip District and head to a park. She’ll forget having to wait while you play pinball.

BTW - I love exploring parks. Pittsburgh has some truly great parks. If you make it to Lawrenceville, you’re not far from Highland Park which is a great place though not one you would ordinally make a trip to or hear about. It’s sort of a hidden gem. And the zoo is also very close to the park as well.

Kayaks will depend on water levels. Rivers have been high a lot this year.

I’ll be at Faith Night. Hopefully Saturday. For sure Sunday. Looking for a sweep!
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Breakfast at Pamela’s Diner . Outstanding! Photo of Roberto Clemente mural at Verdetto’s. Btw, they appear to have liquor license suspended. Went to Honus Wagner museum in Carnegie. Having an IC Light at Mullen’s North Shore. Head to Jim Beam Lounge at 5 or so for batting practice. Let’s go Bucs!
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Stopped by Bingham on Mt. Waśhinton for wings after a nice Gateway river cruise today, and Beerheads after the game. Yesterday, Fatheads after a Mission Impossible movie. Bucs looking good.Trevor came up big today.

Luplow is playing an excellent outfield. Moran getting big hits and Freese is amazing. Need to win tomorrow to keep momentum.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

I hate to put this back at the top of threads, but I thought I should tell everyone what a great trip we had! The Freese beats the Mets Friday night game was just magical to watch.

The Bucs could do no wrong in that 5-0 win. Polanco stole second with two outs and on the next pitch Moran snaked a single through to score him. Then Frazier and Moran combined to do the exact same thing a few innings later. And Williams. It doesn't look easy, but he sure battles out there.

We also did Pamela's and The Strip, which my wife loved! A Hawaii girl, I couldn't get her out of Wholey's ha! We were still eating shrimp and macaroni and lobster two days later.

And I did get to paddle the river, which was just awesome.

We'll be back hopefully next summer!
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Utah,

Glad you got to see some good games and that you enjoyed our great city.