MLB reporting that Archer is a Buc.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I stated earlier that I was luke-warm on acquiring Archer. He may not be much of a difference maker this year or in future years.

That said, I am okay with moving both Meadows and Glasnow (would not have said this 2 years ago when Glasnow was viewed as a top prospect), but I am fearful of the 3rd player in the deal. Even with only those two names announced, the Pirates paid a high price for a pitcher with mediocre results, except for the strike-outs.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Kudos to Neal " No Deal" Huntington. Guess I will have to change his nickname to "Sometimes Deal". It took some guts and intestinal fortitude to pull the trigger and get Archer. I am a big fan of Austin Meadows, he is from my area, here in greater Atlanta, GA. Wish him well as a D-Ray, quality guy and classy family. Welcome to the Burgh Archer! Now Neal, you are going to be a good guy in the news in my book! 8-)
pghpaulatl

Post by pghpaulatl »

Wonder how long until we hear who third player is, still don't know other player from Kela trade?
pghpaulatl

Post by pghpaulatl »

Wonder how long until we hear who third player is, still don't know other player from Kela trade?
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Meadows and Glasnow is a great trade so far for us.    3rd piece be a throw in and NH just made his first really big move.  Barring injury, our rotation and bullpen just made a notable improvement for the next few years.   

Great job selling on Meadows NH.  Great sell!   Cash that in now with that poor defense and suspect hammies. Corner OF lowers his ceiling considerably. Luplow may be a better player anyway lol.       
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

wow. great trade. Really good stuff. This is a 180 from past years.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Wait a second? There's a PTBNL in the Kele trade. Oh brother I forgot about that.

Shouldn't that have been announced by now?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Maybe Kingham takes over Glasnow's role.
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

I hear from MLB network that the 3rd player is of value, not a throw-in. Ugh.

Still proud of the F/O nonetheless.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I predict it's one of the Kevins.