8/15 Archer vs Twins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

8/15 Archer vs Twins

Post by Ecbucs »

Polanco with a big hit. Nice to get into the Twins bullpen.
SammyKhalifa

8/15 Archer vs Twins

Post by SammyKhalifa »

did corey dickerson really just foul off seven pitches in a row?
maher.timothy20@gm

8/15 Archer vs Twins

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Archer and Santana lose the lead in the 6th.

Archer had his moments today but he's still not good enough based on what we gave up.
SteadyFreddy

8/15 Archer vs Twins

Post by SteadyFreddy »

If there was ever a game the Pirates absolutely better find a wY to come back and win it would be today. Losing both these games to the Twins would be an absolute killer to the Pirates wildcard chances. You have to win this game today period.
Ecbucs

8/15 Archer vs Twins

Post by Ecbucs »

not a good game so far.

Twins do not have good pitching, don't have a great offense and we are in trouble against them.

Archer was 6-1 with ERA of 1.06 in 55 innings against the Twins coming into today's game.
maher.timothy20@gm

8/15 Archer vs Twins

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Is there any route toward making this team a contender next year that doesn't involve some high-impact free agents?

Unless we're expecting Kang to come back and hit 25 home runs and Keller to emerge as rookie of the year I can't see how.

So we're looking at more of the same, I guess. Just good enough to keep you kind of hoping until around mid-August.
steve49

8/15 Archer vs Twins

Post by steve49 »

Not a fan of this trade but Archer pitched well. Pretty unlucky to walk none and give up 4 runs on 5 soft hits.
DemDog

8/15 Archer vs Twins

Post by DemDog »

The Buccos were 2-15 with runners in scoring position. A couple or 2 hits here and there and we win. 'Nough said. It was the offense that was the problem today.
notes34

8/15 Archer vs Twins

Post by notes34 »

5E525B56411D475A5E5C475B4A010373545E330 wrote: Is there any route toward making this team a contender next year that doesn't involve some high-impact free agents?

Unless we're expecting Kang to come back and hit 25 home runs and Keller to emerge as rookie of the year I can't see how.

So we're looking at more of the same, I guess. Just good enough to keep you kind of hoping until around mid-August.
I think this will be a solid club next year, but you are right we need at least one above average bat added to this lineup. If Kang doesn't come back we need a 3B. Moran isn't an everyday starter. He is below average both with the glove and the bat.
SteadyFreddy

8/15 Archer vs Twins

Post by SteadyFreddy »

35342F3E28686F5B0 wrote: Is there any route toward making this team a contender next year that doesn't involve some high-impact free agents?

I think this will be a solid club next year, but you are right we need at least one above average bat added to this lineup. If Kang doesn't come back we need a 3B. Moran isn't an everyday starter. He is below average both with the glove and the bat. Mike Moustakas anyone?? I hope if the Brewers don’t resign him the Bucs try and sign him to a multi year deal. He is affordable and a power bat at 3rd base we could definitely use. Go get him.