8/20 vs Braves. Newman at 2B.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Archer has to throw 25 pitches to get through the 1st. Gets hit pretty hard, again.

Some guy named Wilson needs 18 pitches to mow the Pirates down 3 up 3 down.

1-0 bad guys.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just noting the difference in organizational philosophies.

The Pirates have always struck me as being one of the most deliberate -- perhaps THE most deliberate -- organization in terms of promoting prospects.

The Pirates never, ever move a prospect through the system the way the Braves have moved Wilson. But it seems like lots of other teams move guys up quickly and sometimes even promote them straight from AA.

If Wilson was in the Pirates system, with the exact same age and skill set and just 2 years removed from high school, he'd be lucky to be out of Bradenton by now.

Wonder what someone like Keller thinks as he is watching this ...
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

57767E577C74130 wrote: Are you guys ready for this:  Atlant SP Kevin Gausman has been replace at the starter for tonight's game by rookie Bryse Wilson who was called up specifically to start the game.  The Braves reasoning is that they want to give Gausman and the rest of the SP staff an extra day off.

Looks like a real contender is taking a page from the NH/CH book and giving the guys a rest ala the Clay Holmes game. 

Just hope the the Bryse Wilson game ends up for the Braves like the Clay Holmes game did for the Bucs.

Whoa. Why am I on your signature line? If you want to ban me for Moran, then ban me. Life will go on.

This passive - aggressive stuff is for kids.

Cya guys! Go bucs!
rucker59@gmail.com

Why was Archer pulled after 4?

76 pitches. Granted, he was not very good, but he was working out of trouble. Only 1 run.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2D2A3C343A2D6A661F38323E3633713C30325F0 wrote: Why was Archer pulled after 4?

76 pitches.  Granted, he was not very good, but he was working out of trouble.  Only 1 run. 

Twisted his ankle batting.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Maybe we should rest all our hitters for a day too.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Sam Freeman has major control problems. So naturally, 2 of the first 3 Pirates to face him swing at the first pitch.
rucker59@gmail.com

7E535E4F48594E0E0D3C0 wrote: Why was Archer pulled after 4?

76 pitches.  Granted, he was not very good, but he was working out of trouble.  Only 1 run. 

Twisted his ankle batting.

Gotcha. Thanks.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I don't know what the stats say, but I believe the Pirates have more runners thrown out on the bases than all other Major League teams combined, x 2.

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I agree with that Carolina they always seem like they have guys thrown out at homeplate time and time again. This is going to be unbelievable to lose another brutal 1-0 game should this score hold up which I hope to god it doesn’t.