AAA SS Pablo Reyes hitting over .300

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Post by mouse »

I saw Reyes on television in one game in the outfield (right field) and it looked like he couldn't judge (or maybe catch) a fly ball. He short-armed two flies a good outfielder would have had. I only saw fragments of yesterday's game, but I would like to think the game I saw was an anomaly. If not, he might work for infield utility but I would hesitate to use him in the outfield.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

37352F293F5A0 wrote: I saw Reyes on television in one game in the outfield (right field) and it looked like he couldn't judge (or maybe catch) a fly ball. He short-armed two flies a good outfielder would have had. I only saw fragments of yesterday's game, but I would like to think the game I saw was an anomaly. If not, he might work for infield utility but I would hesitate to use him in the outfield.

I attended a game in Bradenton 2 yrs ago and he was at SS. Looked fine. His stats show over 800 minor league innings in the OF. But that was a recent switch. In his first 4 years of pro ball he was exclusively infield. He didn't start playing OF until 2016 and that was only 5 games. It wasn't until last year that they decided to make him a INF-OF type so he still may be a little raw out there. But it looks like that was the organization's plan for him.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Reyes needs some time in Bradenton over the winter.  Learning how to play some adequate OF.  Surely they can keep him on the roster to avoid MiLB FA or get him signed to a MLB contract. 

As for Frazier, yes he can play 2B and he too should be in Bradenton some this winter not so much to work on his fielding but on his getting a jump on the ground ball and foot work to increase his range. Frazier will do better as an everyday player at one position and so will the Pirates.