Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by DemDog »

012C21303726317172430 wrote: Raise It!  Williams does his thing and in my opinion deserves at least a ton of votes for the NL Cy Young especially if he gets another win or two in the last couple weeks.  Guy has been dominant since the AS break and also a decent starter before.

WhooHoo for Kevin Kramer.  Guy can hit a bit.  Drives in the insurance run which ends up being the winner after Felipe gets my heart thumping really hard.

It is games like this that makes me such a big baseball fan and the Pirates in particular.
Possum, you committed a Kevin infraction (KI). Newman drove in the insurance run.  :)

I stand corrected on which Kevin (darn NH for drafting 2 Kevins). But I loved the results no matter which Kevin did it! Go Kevins Go in 2019!
SCBucco

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by SCBucco »

45646C456E66010 wrote: Raise It!  Williams does his thing and in my opinion deserves at least a ton of votes for the NL Cy Young especially if he gets another win or two in the last couple weeks.  Guy has been dominant since the AS break and also a decent starter before.

WhooHoo for Kevin Kramer.  Guy can hit a bit.  Drives in the insurance run which ends up being the winner after Felipe gets my heart thumping really hard.

It is games like this that makes me such a big baseball fan and the Pirates in particular.
Possum, you committed a Kevin infraction (KI). Newman drove in the insurance run.  :)

I stand corrected on which Kevin (darn NH for drafting 2 Kevins).  But I loved the results no matter which Kevin did it!  Go Kevins Go in 2019!

Darn NH for not allowing one of them Kevin's for being the PTBNL in a deal so you can keep track of them better. :)
DemDog

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by DemDog »

7161605741414D220 wrote: Raise It!  Williams does his thing and in my opinion deserves at least a ton of votes for the NL Cy Young especially if he gets another win or two in the last couple weeks.  Guy has been dominant since the AS break and also a decent starter before.

I stand corrected on which Kevin (darn NH for drafting 2 Kevins).  But I loved the results no matter which Kevin did it!  Go Kevins Go in 2019!

Darn NH for not allowing one of them Kevin's for being the PTBNL in a deal so you can keep track of them better.   :)

Now we can go off topic and discuss which Kevin should have been the PTBNL! ::) ::)
BenM

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by BenM »

Kramer and Newman is a good name combo, but I think the ChiSox have us beat.

Too bad we didn't get Watson and Crick.
Bobster21

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by Bobster21 »

0423280B460 wrote: Kramer and Newman is a good name combo, but I think the ChiSox have us beat.

Too bad we didn't get Watson and Crick.
Just to be safe, I would separate Burr and Hamilton. They could give new meaning to "pitchers' duel."
fjk090852-7

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by fjk090852-7 »

During our Wild Card years the Brewers were one of the big reasons why we did not win the Division. Now it appears the Pirates are going to be a big reason why the Brew Crew may not catch the Cubs for the Central Division.
SammyKhalifa

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by SammyKhalifa »

What do you think history' "All Kevin Team" would look like?
Osushawn

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by Osushawn »

72404C4C586A49404D484740210 wrote: What do you think history' "All Kevin Team" would look like?

Sp. kevin Brown

DH Kevin Mitchell

1b kevin Youkilis

Rf Kevin Maas

All i could think of
SammyKhalifa

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Kevin Elster maybe? You did better than I did.
Bobster21

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by Bobster21 »

This game was another example of why I hate the save rule. This was the 5th time this year Vazquez "earned" a save by giving up 1 less run than the lead he inherited. I don't think a reliever who enters with a 3 run lead and nearly blows the game by giving up 2 runs deserves a save merely for not entirely melting down. This happens with all closers on all teams. We look at their save totals and credit them with being shut down relievers when some of those saves all but lost the game. I don't believe a save should be awarded when inheriting a 3-run lead anyway. It's just way too easy. As Vazquez demonstrated, he's asked to pitch 1 inning ahead by 3 runs and serves up back to back HRs and still adds a save to his stats. Dumb rule!