9/25 vs Chicago

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by SCBucco »

6240534E4D484F40635442424E210 wrote: Reyes ... wow.

And Dear Baseball Gods PLEASE let this be the Chris Archer we get next season.

I think we get closer to this Archer than the one that has shown up most of the year. If we get this one, we have a pretty darn good starting rotation.

I have serious man crush on Reyes. I see his value. The sad thing is ownership/management will think Frazier and Reyes bats will be what we need full time and not add a good bat. Give me Reyes as the SRod replacement.
CarolinaBucco

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by CarolinaBucco »

OH NO.

Look, I realize the game isn't THAT important, but it's VERY important to the Flubs.

Why on earth are we pitching Nevershouldpitchagain in this spot?

Save him for a game later this week sometime when we're down 8-1.

This is like running over to the Cubs dugout and handing them a written invitation to score 5 runs and get right back in the game.
NJBucsFan

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by NJBucsFan »

We're not going to win the it all this year, but knocking the Cubs into the wild card would be a pretty decent consolation prize.
rucker59@gmail.com

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

2E2A2215031326010E600 wrote: We're not going to win the it all this year, but knocking the Cubs into the wild card would be a pretty decent consolation prize.

Seriously!

Yesterday was as good a day as we could have - By beating the Cubs and the Brewers beating the Cardinals:

The Cubs are only a 1/2 game up in the division and the Cardinals are now out of the WC by a 1/2 game.

CarolinaBucco

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Great win.

And I was wrong last night about Nevershouldpitchagain. For the first time ever he looked competent.

It's almost sad how happy I get about ruining the Cubs' week, and how much joy I get from listening to the Flubs' announcers suffer through last night's game.
CarolinaBucco

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Pirates began the year 40-48.

Since then: 40-28.

Pretty sure that's the best record in the NL since July 8.
Bobster21

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by Bobster21 »

Cubs forgot to hit their usual solo HR.

I wouldn't have had the nerve to use Neverauskas and Brault. But they combined for 3 innings of shutout, 1-hit, 0 walks relief. Whodda thunk?
rucker59@gmail.com

9/25 vs Chicago

7755465B585D5A55764157575B340 wrote: Reyes ... wow.

And Dear Baseball Gods PLEASE let this be the Chris Archer we get next season.

Reyes - really exciting! What can be expected over a season? Can he replace Polanco?

Archer - dominated a very good team. He’s been getting better, but if he can pitch near last night’s level our rotation is not simply very good, it’s possibly the best in the NL.
rucker59@gmail.com

9/25 vs Chicago

587A69747772757A596E7878741B0 wrote:

It's almost sad how happy I get about ruining the Cubs' week, and how much joy I get from listening to the Flubs' announcers suffer through last night's game.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2479 ... nl-central
OrlandoMerced

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by OrlandoMerced »

456774696A6F68674473656569060 wrote: Pirates began the year 40-48.

Since then: 40-28.

Pretty sure that's the best record in the NL since July 8.

Taillon and Williams have been pitching like aces. Musgrove and Nova have been very solid as well. Archer's recent stint is very encouraging, but he's been inconsistent throughout his stint as a Pirate.

The offense collapsed after Dickerson and Marte were injured at the end of the streak. I think you can really point to those injuries as the cause for falling out of contention. A twinge of offensive consistency combined with this pitching staff would make this a wild card team. Though, a common theme with the NH/Hurdle era, is that it usually takes a few months for the Pirates to get their pitching staff stablized. That happened this year mostly with the bullpen as guys like Kontos and Feliz pitched themselves off the roster and being replaced with Crick and Rodriguez.

Hopefully the rotations holds and Crick, Kela, Rodriguez and Santana are able to follow up their strong seasons.