Bucs trivia and/or This Date in Pirate History . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

On Bob Skinner, He wore #4 as Bucco in 1960 and #19 as a Redbird in 1964.

Beat'em Bucs :D
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

0730263603242B2C2B0204450 wrote: On Bob Skinner, He wore #4 as Bucco in 1960 and #19 as a Redbird in 1964.

Beat'em Bucs  :D

I will have mercy on you. This is too hard a question. Yes, Skinner wore #4 as a Pirate. And was also Ralph Kiner's number which is now a retired Pirate number.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

More Trivia! In the last question, it was noted that Bob Skinner wore #19 with the Cards from 1964-1966. Skinner had two teammates on the 1960 Bucs who also spent time with the Cards during their careers and also wore #19 with the Cards. Can you name them?
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

That would be Rocky Nelson and Dick Schofield! They both wore the #19 when playing with the Redbirds

Rocky in 1951

Ducky in 53-58

Beate'm Bucs

PS< I love trivia questions.... :D
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Thanks Possum! I appreciate it. I was missing the mark totally on the #4 and its significance to Pirate Baseball. Sorry about that, but I enjoyed the trivia question. Love Pirates Trivia and would welcome a question any time. It stimulates my 61 yr old brain 8-)

Beat'em Bucs!!!
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

You got it this time. Glad I can bring some joy to a Bucco fan so far from the Burgh and who also enjoyed some of the same old time Bucs I did. Feel free to find trivia questions of your own and post them. I like the challenge of them myself. But we have to be careful that Bobster does not chime in too early and ruin it for the rest of us! ;D
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Identify this family. The man in the upper right had longtime ties with the Pirates. Can you tell me his name and the name of his famous father who is seated in the middle of the pix.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

103139103B33540 wrote:

Identify this family.  The man in the upper right had longtime ties with the Pirates.  Can you tell me his name and the name of his famous father who is seated in the middle of the pix.

Actor Joe E. Brown, man in upper right is former Buc GM Joe Brown.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

664041564050230 wrote:

Identify this family.  The man in the upper right had longtime ties with the Pirates.  Can you tell me his name and the name of his famous father who is seated in the middle of the pix.

Actor Joe E. Brown, man in upper right is former Buc GM Joe Brown.

You got it. Looks like that one was too easy! ;D Congrats on the quick answer. I think Joe E. gave it away.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

This on about Danny Murtaugh. Danny was a journeyman infielder that included the Bucs in his playing days. He was also the 3B coach over the course of two seasons and then managed the Bucs to victory in the 60 & 71 series.

Danny was one guy who was not afraid to get into it with the umpires. He was tossed 30 times over the course of his entire MLB career. Can you name the first ump to eject Danny and also the last ump to eject Danny and the reason for those ejections? The answer is not in Bobster's book.