What are your favorite off season memories of the Pirates?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Babe Adams, I well recall that card and both players. Wish the current Pirates could find a guy like Gene Clines now to play RF til El Coffee returns. Recall Cambria, meet him once off the field. Nice guy. Never made much of a splash as Buc, but still a nice guy. Still have the card in my baseball card collection too! Thanks for the memory!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

576569697D4F6C65686D6265040 wrote: I wasn't a kid, but one time in the Cranberry Giant Eagle about ten years ago I slammed my grocery cart into John Wehner.  Oops.
That's why you should walk and push the cart instead of sitting in the basket dangling your legs through the openings. ;)
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

577A77666170672724150 wrote: I wasn't a kid, but one time in the Cranberry Giant Eagle about ten years ago I slammed my grocery cart into John Wehner.  Oops.
That's why you should walk and push the cart instead of sitting in the basket dangling your legs through the openings.  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Damn Bobster you sure can be mean! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Haha, hey in my defense he wasn't paying any attention to what he was doing either.

I'd also note that his cart was absolutely full of potato chips and soda, which isn't really what I would expect. I'm hoping he was getting ready for a party or something, heh.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I'm not really into autographs but happened to go to an autograph day one year.  The only one i was interested in at all was Dave Parker but his line was super long.  One old guy had an empty line so I went and got his just so he had someone.  I was at a total loss for what to say so I told him he was one of my grandma's favorites.  After he signed the picture I told him he had beautiful handwriting (he did).  He said thanks.  Weird.   It might have been Bill Virdon.  It was years ago and I have a bad memory.   :D