White Sox Prospect Getting An Unbelievably Contract

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Post by dmetz »

I believe one of the biggest mistakes we're making right now is not doing a comparable type thing with Kang and extending him.

The best decision NH could make this year is getting him locked into a super team friendly multi-year deal [highlight]right now[/highlight].   

Every day that passes, it going to be another day that it may be more difficult to get the contract extended.  This is the kind of risk you must take if you're running a cheapskate organization.   Elite upside, defensively gifted player with a heavy bat. 

Hayes comes up next year, Kang moves to 1b.  Frazier gets hurt, Kang moves to 2b.   There are a lot of combinations that would work.   
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

4A434B5A542E0 wrote: I believe one of the biggest mistakes we're making right now is not doing a comparable type thing with Kang and extending him.

The best decision NH could make this year is getting him locked into a super team friendly multi-year deal [highlight]right now[/highlight].   

Every day that passes, it going to be another day that it may be more difficult to get the contract extended.  This is the kind of risk you must take if you're running a cheapskate organization.   Elite upside, defensively gifted player with a heavy bat. 

Hayes comes up next year, Kang moves to 1b.  Frazier gets hurt, Kang moves to 2b.   There are a lot of combinations that would work.   

I think it is possible they might extend Kang, but they might wait to see how he performs when they begin to play games which count. If MLB decides to bring the DH to the National League he would be a good candidate for the Pirates.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

3D31306B626B636E69766C5B0 wrote: I believe one of the biggest mistakes we're making right now is not doing a comparable type thing with Kang and extending him.

I think it is possible they might extend Kang, but they might wait to see how he performs when they begin to play games which count. If MLB decides to bring the DH to the National League he would be a good candidate for the Pirates.

That's curious.  DH?   You don't consider him a fielder? You don't think he has a good arm?