Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by Ecbucs »

484043746247606F010 wrote: I see Taillon was transferred to the 60 day IL. That’s a major blow. So much for “four weeks.”

well the 4 weeks was 4 weeks without throwing not the time he would be out.  Best case scenario is he is back at beginning of July. I doubt if he will be back before All Star game

Doesn't look like Kingham will be replacing him the entire time though.

Even getting Archer back the team needs to find one more starter.
gileszee

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by gileszee »

I totally agree...these 2 are not giving this team a chance to be competitive whenever they pitch.

I give Keuchel's agent a call and ask what is it going to take?

It wont happen, but i am trying to think how a World Series caliber team would react to the circumstance in which they are currently in.

Ace on the 60 day DL and 2 AAAA trying to be MLers.

Archer

Keuchel

Williams

Musgrove

Lyles

Move Musgrove or Lyles to the pen if and when Taillon returns this season.
IABucFan

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by IABucFan »

664041564050230 wrote: I see Taillon was transferred to the 60 day IL. That’s a major blow. So much for “four weeks.”

well the 4 weeks was 4 weeks without throwing not the time he would be out.  Best case scenario is he is back at beginning of July. I doubt if he will be back before All Star game

Doesn't look like Kingham will be replacing him the entire time though.

Even getting Archer back the team needs to find one more starter.

Liriano. He can’t possibly be worse.
IABucFan

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by IABucFan »

I actually am still high on Kingham. I can see him developing into a good pitcher, but he’s not there yet. No reason to punish the team while he tries to figure it out.
Ecbucs

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by Ecbucs »

141C1F283E1B3C335D0 wrote: I actually am still high on Kingham. I can see him developing into a good pitcher, but he’s not there yet. No reason to punish the team while he tries to figure it out.

I haven't given up on him either.  I think he needs to have some success in bullpen and then give him another shot at starting. I wonder if his stuff is all the way back after his arm injury.

Maybe Nick can last 4 innings again. 
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

76787D74626B7474110 wrote: I totally agree...these 2 are not giving this team a chance to be competitive whenever they pitch.

It wont happen, but i am trying to think how a World Series caliber team would react to the circumstance in which they are currently in.

Archer

Keuchel

Williams

Musgrove

Lyles

This whole Nutting situation is so unfair. The Organization CLEARLY has the means to sign Kuechel but we all know they’re not even considering it. This team is good enough to invest into it. But no chance.

Kuechel is sitting there waiting, the perfect solution.
JollyRoger

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by JollyRoger »

7A7D6B636D7A3D31486F65696164266B6765080 wrote: I totally agree...these 2 are not giving this team a chance to be competitive whenever they pitch.

Archer

Keuchel

Williams

Musgrove

Lyles

This whole Nutting situation is so unfair. The Organization CLEARLY has the means to sign Kuechel but we all know they’re not even considering it.  This team is good enough to invest into it.  But no chance.

Kuechel is sitting there waiting, the perfect solution.

Exactly what I have been saying. We are wasting the Archer acquisition if we do not add a quality arm to the staff. Even if the Bucs forked over 20M a year they would still be under 100M and still 40-50M below the avg ML payroll

BTW: Kingham is throwing BP. Everyone is crushing the ball.Only 2 swing and misses
IABucFan

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by IABucFan »

Man, Kingham is just getting torched. I usually don’t overreact to one start good or bad, but this is ridiculous. We’re a long ways off from his first career start nearing throwing a perfect game. He can’t find the zone, and when he does, he’s getting hammered.
gileszee

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by gileszee »

I know he is trying, Kingham that is, but these are the big leagues. He just doesnt have it right now.

Front office needs to make an impactful move to help the club right now.

Acquiring Stratton for cash does not count.
IABucFan

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by IABucFan »

Welp, I’ve seen enough to know I’ve seen too much. Only thing in doubt in this game is whether or not the D-Backs can score in all nine innings.