Pirates vs Reds 5/29

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Pirates vs Reds 5/29

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Of the current uninjured guys, I'd consider Kyle Crick. I know you're using him to set up, but if you want to sell out to the Opener idea, then sell out to the opener idea.
IABucFan

Pirates vs Reds 5/29

Post by IABucFan »

0C3E32322614373E3336393E5F0 wrote: Of the current uninjured guys, I'd consider Kyle Crick.  I know you're using him to set up, but if you want to sell out to the Opener idea, then sell out to the opener idea. 

Agreed. As it is, Crick and Vazquez aren't hardly pitching cause we're getting our ass kicked every night. They need work. You need to be in a game past the second inning. I wouldn't even mind opening with Vazquez, Crick, Liriano to get through the first four innings. Almost play the game in reverse. Hope that you have a big enough lead after four that you can go to your fodder.
IABucFan

Pirates vs Reds 5/29

Post by IABucFan »

575F5C6B7D587F701E0 wrote:

.... and rain delay.

Looking at the forecast for Cincinnati, I'll be surprised if they get this one in. Looks like rain all day. I guess the DH was for naught.

Well, I was wrong. Game's about to start. Please win.
NJBucsFan

Pirates vs Reds 5/29

Post by NJBucsFan »

Nice to see three clean innings from Brault. That popup to Moran was pretty ugly though.
DemDog

Pirates vs Reds 5/29

Post by DemDog »

How about Brault today? Get him in the rotation Now! ::) ::)

Must say he did his job today and left with the lead. Now if the BP can hang on!
IABucFan

Pirates vs Reds 5/29

Post by IABucFan »

58797158737B1C0 wrote: How about Brault today?  Get him in the rotation Now!   ::) ::)

Must say he did his job today and left with the lead.  Now if the BP can hang on!

This is the problem. You say that tongue in cheek. But the powers that be on the Bucs will probably think that he needs another start. Brault was good today. Good for him. He's not a good MLB pitcher overall.
Osushawn

Pirates vs Reds 5/29

Post by Osushawn »

7E76754254715659370 wrote: How about Brault today?  Get him in the rotation Now!   ::) ::)

Must say he did his job today and left with the lead.  Now if the BP can hang on!

This is the problem. You say that tongue in cheek. But the powers that be on the Bucs will probably think that he needs another start. Brault was good today. Good for him. He's not a good MLB pitcher overall.

I think he can be a Jeff Locke clone. He has the capability to string off a few good outing, but his awful ones will outweigh the positives. I would like to see him get another shot and see if he can build off of it though.
NJBucsFan

Pirates vs Reds 5/29

Post by NJBucsFan »

162A2C2A31382E37590 wrote: How about Brault today?  Get him in the rotation Now!   ::) ::)

I think he can be a Jeff Locke clone.  He has the capability to string off a few good outing, but his awful ones will outweigh the positives.  I would like to see him get another shot and see if he can build off of it though.

I would LOVE to have Brault step up and be a Jeff Locke clone for the next few months. It's certainly low enough expectations, but a serviceable back of the rotation guy would be a huge help right now.
DemDog

Pirates vs Reds 5/29

Post by DemDog »

Who needs Dietrich? We got Bell and Moran! 8-) 8-)
IABucFan

Pirates vs Reds 5/29

Post by IABucFan »

Say what you want about Jeff Locke, but he was HUGE in our 2013 WC run (made the AS team) and took the ball every five days in 2015. I'm pretty sure he didn't miss a start that year. If Brault could become Jeff Locke, that would be great. But, I don't see it. He walks too many guys. Today, he attacked the zone. Did a nice job. Just throw strikes. Kingham did the same thing on Monday. Again, did a nice job. At the start of this series, if I'd told you the Bucs would go 2-2, I'll bet most wouldn't have thunk they'd win the Kingham/Brault starts and lose the Lyles/Keller starts.