6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

gileszee

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by gileszee »

Just awful pitching, shame on Nutting for not opening the purse strings and letting NH go out and get some pitching. 4 of these guys don't even belong in the majors. We are a frickin laughing stock right now.
Bobster21

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by Bobster21 »

It's just a darn shame that the Pirates don't have the financial flexibility to add pitchers. Perhaps if they cut payroll. :)
Ecbucs

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by Ecbucs »

is a team 8 games out of the wild card at All Star break still a contender?

Neal H. wants to know.
Bobster21

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by Bobster21 »

And now with Rookie Davis pitching, it's 12-5. After the 1st inning the Pirates have been outscored 11-1.
Bobster21

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by Bobster21 »

745253445242310 wrote: is a team 8 games out of the wild card at All Star break still a contender?

Neal H. wants to know.
Oh, absolutely. Last year he said they were contending when they were under .500 on Sept 15.
gileszee

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by gileszee »

Well our window to compete has officially closed. I guess we can at least enjoy Bell, Reynolds, Tucker, Cabrera and Vasquez at this point. Maybe Keller at some point.
steve49

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by steve49 »

1A373A2B2C3D2A6A69580 wrote: is a team 8 games out of the wild card at All Star break still a contender?

Neal H. wants to know.
Oh, absolutely. Last year he said they were contending when they were under .500 on Sept 15.

Time to gut the farm again.
fjk090852-7

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Since last September the Pirates have lost the following 6 pitchers who they figured would be a part of the 2019 staff. Taillon, Williams, Kuhl, Santana, Kela and Burdi and it is rather tough to replace that many arms. It is getting close to bringing up Keller to take a spot in the rotation, and possibly to trade a player or two who could help another team to advance to the postseason.
DemDog

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by DemDog »

1F3A39392C073A323027550 wrote: Doesn’t look like I’ll be celebrating a Pirate win on my birthday.

Thanks a lot bullpen!!!!

Hope you had a happy birthday despite the Buccos performance.
SteadyFreddy

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by SteadyFreddy »

212D2C777E777F72756A70470 wrote: Since last September the Pirates have lost the following 6 pitchers who they figured would be a part of the 2019 staff. Taillon, Williams, Kuhl, Santana, Kela and Burdi and it is rather tough to replace that many arms. It is getting close to bringing up Keller to take a spot in the rotation, and possibly to trade a player or two who could help another team to advance to the postseason. Yea at some point they gotta give Keller another opportunity to redeem himself for the start he had in Cincy last week. He came back after that bad 1st inning and pitched very well the next 3 innings and deserves another shot over guys like Brault or someone like Rookie Davis. I just think it might be time for the front office to come to the realization that this team this year is just not good enough and is not going to compete for anything. So unless you have an 11 or 12 game winning streak coming up like the team did last year in early to mid July I think the Pirates need to be in the mindset of sell sell sell and sell some more. I really think the Pirates strongly need to consider trading Starling Marte more and more as everyday passes by its time to make this move.