Is it time to talk about Colin Moran?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

093B37372311323B36333C3B5A0 wrote: Moran has been a very pleasant surprise this year after his poor defense and lack of power last year left most of us very disappointed. But he's now got 8 HRs in 160 ABs compared to only 11 in 415 ABs last year and hitting for nearly the same average so he's not an all or nothing guy. In the PCL in 2017 he hit 18 HRs in 302 ABs so there was hope that his power was more than just a reflection of typical overblown PCL stats. Last year he looked like nothing more than a weak fielding line drive hitter with decent average (.277) but little power. This year he's hitting .281 with power and his defense seems at least adequate at 3B. His performance so far this season has been very encouraging and I don't see anyone clamoring for the Bucs to get a better guy for 3B.   
Haha, I had been and hopefully will continue to be wrong.

To be honest I think all of our fielding/hitting starting spots have something going for them right now.  Short and Catcher have been weak spots this season but have also been looking up recently.

I think short is about to be a position of strength for the long term. That would make Colin's defense a bit less of a liability?

Will Kang be given one more chance or is he done? That is a huge decision concerning Moran.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

282F39313F286F631A3D373B3336743935375A0 wrote: Moran has been a very pleasant surprise this year after his poor defense and lack of power last year left most of us very disappointed. But he's now got 8 HRs in 160 ABs compared to only 11 in 415 ABs last year and hitting for nearly the same average so he's not an all or nothing guy. In the PCL in 2017 he hit 18 HRs in 302 ABs so there was hope that his power was more than just a reflection of typical overblown PCL stats. Last year he looked like nothing more than a weak fielding line drive hitter with decent average (.277) but little power. This year he's hitting .281 with power and his defense seems at least adequate at 3B. His performance so far this season has been very encouraging and I don't see anyone clamoring for the Bucs to get a better guy for 3B.   
Haha, I had been and hopefully will continue to be wrong.

To be honest I think all of our fielding/hitting starting spots have something going for them right now.  Short and Catcher have been weak spots this season but have also been looking up recently.

I think short is about to be a position of strength for the long term.  That would make Colin's defense a bit less of a liability?

Will Kang be given one more chance or is he done?  That is a huge decision concerning Moran.

I think Kang has to at least get a look. The last I checked Indy's stats it looked like he was getting it together. Could he play 2nd? I think he could.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

As for Moran I sure hope I was wrong about him. The D still isn't very good, but if he can hit 20 HR's with a decent average I'm good with that.