Buccos @ Braves - 6/12 - Game Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

If the Pirates had just mediocre pitching this series they could have won all 3 games so far. They have scored 16 runs in 20 innings. But unfortunately they have given up 26
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Keller's 1st start:

IP H ER BB SO

4 7 6 2 7

Tonight:

IP H ER BB K

3 10 6 2 2

I think we all expected tonight to be a huge improvement. Instead, it was worse. :(
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

787F6E7D6E3F320B0 wrote: This is getting almost comical. Our top pitching prospect is getting tattooed in the first inning and now has an ERA of over 17!!!!!!

4 hits... Ops field softly hit

Slow dribbler to short

pop fly falls into left

absolute can of corn to right that wind carries for a

ridiculous triple 

I would say not really being "tattooed" Instead totally unlucky

ERA of 15.43 unlucky????NOPE
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

715457574269545C5E493B0 wrote: This is getting almost comical. Our top pitching prospect is getting tattooed in the first inning and now has an ERA of over 17!!!!!!

Slow dribbler to short

pop fly falls into left

ridiculous triple 

Luckily, the Pirates have Searage. Otherwise, the ERA might be 15.44. ;D
steve49

Post by steve49 »

486D6E6E7B506D656770020 wrote: This is getting almost comical. Our top pitching prospect is getting tattooed in the first inning and now has an ERA of over 17!!!!!!

Slow dribbler to short

pop fly falls into left

ridiculous triple 

Jolly R .. did you watch the first inning ? I did and said he was unlucky as only 1 ball was hit fairly hard. I said nothing about his other innings this year. If you saw the first inning and dispute that , what can I say but I think you are wrong. If you didn't see it you really didn't need to comment on my post ?
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

22253427346568510 wrote: This is getting almost comical. Our top pitching prospect is getting tattooed in the first inning and now has an ERA of over 17!!!!!!

Slow dribbler to short

pop fly falls into left

ridiculous triple 

Jolly R .. did you watch the first inning ?  I did and said he was unlucky as only 1 ball was hit fairly hard. I said nothing about his other innings this year. If you saw the first inning and dispute that , what can I say but I think you are wrong. If you didn't see it you really didn't need to comment on my post ?

Yes I saw the inning and agree that he was “unlucky” and the runs were soft. If you take away that inning, he still has given up 9 runs in 9 innings. I know he has only made 2 starts but that is still not what is expected of your #1 pitching prospect.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

72575454416A575F5D4A380 wrote: This is getting almost comical. Our top pitching prospect is getting tattooed in the first inning and now has an ERA of over 17!!!!!!

Slow dribbler to short

pop fly falls into left

ridiculous triple 

Jolly R .. did you watch the first inning ?  I did and said he was unlucky as only 1 ball was hit fairly hard. I said nothing about his other innings this year. If you saw the first inning and dispute that , what can I say but I think you are wrong. If you didn't see it you really didn't need to comment on my post ?

Yes I saw the inning and agree that he was “unlucky” and the runs were soft. If you take away that inning, he still has given up 9 runs in 9 innings. I know he has only made 2 starts but that is still not what is expected of your #1 pitching prospect.

I agree with you and from what I saw tonight , he doesn't appear to be a top pitching prospect. Something bad about Pirates developing their pitchers ? I think so too.

All I did in that first post was correct someone that said he was "tattooed" in that first inning. I commented right after the second inning that he was hit hard. I was probably nit picking as I'm always in a bad mood when I watch this team. Been a loyal fan since 1959 and never soured even when they let Bonds go. However now I just can't get over the Archer trade.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

so the Pirates have built the team on pitching for years and this is what we have to show for it?

Seems like the architects should be fired.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

6B4D4C5B4D5D2E0 wrote: so the Pirates have built the team on pitching for years and this is what we have to show for it?

Seems like the architects should be fired.

This is polar opposite than I thought. I felt our offense would suck. We have some bats and have the ability to score, but ...
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Bell wins it in the top of the 9th with a HR!

Crick blows it by giving up a HR in the bottom of the 9th!

>:(